The 12 Games of Christmas 2018 - Make Gaming Great Again Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 Games of Christmas 2018 - Make Gaming Great Again Edition

Dust off that...dust, and let's get to gaming!

As usual, the rules are simple: play 12 games between now and Christmas that you have in your backlog that you have been meaning to play but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Tell us all about what you're playing and whether or not you'll be playing it again later on.

So who's GAME? (hur hur)

I have a pile of DS/ 3DS games that we have had for years and either I have not played or started but not given them enough time to continue and kept for later.

Going to start with Hakuoki - Memories of the Shinerngumi.. I got it with the soundtrack and want to give it a good go before selling it on/ completing.

Others probably on my list will be Super Princess Peach and Zelda Link Between Worlds (the latter I plan to reset my save and start afresh when at my parents for Christmas as I got maybe 1-2 hours in and the last time I picked up my DS was a year ago.)

EDIT - Oh and Gal Gun 2!
    Last edited by Blobcat; 02-12-2018, 21:04.

Comment

Game 1 - The Sparkle2 - Evo [NS]

Well, it's a collect-em up, and almost put me to sleep. Terrible English at times. Deleted. Next!

Game 2 - Hollow Knight [NS]

Very nice looking and atmospheric. I could see the exploration without a mapping system get old quickly, luckily there are maps and compass you can buy. Saving for later.

Comment

Game 3 - Donkey Kong - Tropical Freeze [WiiU]

Another one sat unplayed since I get it in some promotion or another. Great to be able to play it just on the gamepad and pretty much why it was an easy conversion for the Switch. It feels like once you've played one Donkey Kong game (post-country) you've played them all though.

Comment

Game 1: Ikaruga (Switch)
          I played this on a DC at a retro show once, but never played it properly.
          The Flip Grip came but i had no Tate games to play, so splashed out on this as I though £7 for Donkey Kong was taking the Michael.

Oooh, it's lots of fun! Tough though, even in easiest mode.
          My son enjoyed watching it, but it's a bit tough for him to try so we had a go at Zero Gunner 2 together as that has a Children's difficulty.

Comment

Picked out a stack of games to play this weekend. Didn't touch one.

Game 4 - Pocket City [Android]

Like SimCity but you pay for the game and it works without microtransactions (which the mobile version of SImCity does FYI). Looks pretty and plays well. I think I could get lost in it if I let myself, very much like SimCity of old.
            Last edited by kryss; 17-12-2018, 13:36. Reason: challenges counting past 3

Comment

Game 5 - Super Robot Taisen EX [PS1]

Yes, I know the original version is the SFC one, I just don't have an SFC to play it on, hence playing the PS1 version on the Vita. Except I found out that one of my 16GB vita cards is corrupt. Bit of a shame that.
              Anyway. SRW! Giant robots! What's not to like!?

Comment

Fallout 4.

It's my December game, I'm guessing it's my Christmas game.

I love it but it's Fallout 3 again and it's making me realise how satisfying the threat was in The Evil Within 2.

That was soooooo goooood.

Comment

Game #1 Zombi on Xbox One.

I'm sure this was better on the WiiU where you didn't have to awkwardly hold both shoulder buttons to bring up the "hidden items" view. The intro taking up thirty minutes was enough to tell me I didn't want to play it further. Still, at least I can remove the game from my pile of shame.

Comment

Game 6 - Nights of the Azure [PS4]

Fairly light hack'n'slash-em up. It comes with +1 sideboob, but -1 boob physics for gravity defying bounce.

Game 7 - Bulletstorm - Fullclip Edition [PS4]

I couldn't put it down - far too much fun! I'm going to have to later when I get some retro goings on happening.

Game 8 - Super Famicom Wars [3DS VC]

Wow, I'm out of practice at this. There is no story mode like the GBA ones, just skirmishes against 1 or 3 CPU opponents. I'm on day 13 of the easiest one and haven't overwhelmed my foe yet.
                    Last edited by kryss; 23-12-2018, 05:42.

Comment

Game 9 - Affordable Space Adventures [WiiU]

Fair play, this is actually a pretty interesting exploring game. Shame it wasn't so affordable when it came out and I had to wait for a Humble Bundle.

Comment

Game 2

FIFA 19

Well, it's FIFA. I don't think I was really missing out having not played the latest version.

Comment

1. State of Decay 2.
                          Initially pretty good but quickly became a chore. Too many systems to maintain.

2. Moss .
                          Absolutely gorgeous. A VR masterpiece so far.

3. Hellblade.
                          What an opening! Very immersive and so far not spoiled by having things I can collect. Playing more of this today.

Comment

Game 10 - Runbow [WiiU]

I wish I had played this before! Running and jumping and not much else for up to 8 players. Fun!

Game 11 - Paper Mario: Color Splash [WiiU]

Another game I had criminally not played until today. I love the style and charm!

Comment

My Xmas game has been the 99p PS3 Resi 6 I got from Cash Converters midyear.

I played the 360 vers back in the day and it was borderline but time, a comparison on a different format and a 99p price point have smoothed a lot of irks, in fact I'm playing Leon's scenario and finding it quite epic. It is not Resi 4. It is not Resi 5 (nah chance). It's like a Baldwin or a Bridges, a Sheen. A Quaid. It's like the cocky younger brother with the gym membership but it still makes kinda cool stuff.

But the gfx can look amazing. There have been several/many moments where I can just stand still, pan the camera around and bask in a feeling of Uncanny Valleyness, a near realism, the sense of real life within a screen. Love ish like that.

Anyway, I quite like it now. It's the dumb Resi with a PS2 feel but it's got a multitude of charms if you take it for what it is. Fun n goofy big budget flop.

Comment

Working...
                              X