Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to create clone/backup of Windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to create clone/backup of Windows 7?

I have built a new PC for video editing that is using Windows 7. I always use 'Acronis True Image' to create a clone image so I can then use a boot CD to restore the image if Windows gets corrupted. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my new system when I boot from a CD -- it says it's booting but then the screen goes black for ages and nothing happens. I created a clone image in Windows but the PC doesn't like booting Acronis True Image from a CD when it's not in Windows.

What is a good alternative to using Acronis? I just want a clean clone image of Windows that I can restore using a boot CD if Windows ever goes severely wrong.

Any advice appreciated.

There are good recommendations in this thread:

Personally, I've had good results with Macruium Reflect Free. It lets you make a bootable USB stick(and probably a CD) and it works well.

Macrium Reflect - Incredibly powerful software that allows you to create and schedule effective backups

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Personally, I've had good results with Macruium Reflect Free. It lets you make a bootable USB stick(and probably a CD) and it works well.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
      My brother bought me a newer version of Acronis and got it working, but I'll take a look at Macruim.

Thanks, Randombs

Comment

What a nice big brother!

Glad you got it working. I like Acronis, too, but it's always good to have alternatives just in case.

Comment

What a nice big brother!
          He's actually my little brother. When it comes to PC stuff, he usually sorts things out for me.

Comment

Whoops! I dunno why I read it as big brother.

Comment

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
              Thank you for the link Only used Acronis in the past .

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X