The Outer Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Outer Worlds

Not much information on this but it's Obsidians latest and possibly last non-Xbox era game that looks to do what it's surprising they haven't tackled so far - following up on Fallout: New Vegas

The game seems to follow a similar mould of gameplay with a tongue in cheek retro sci-fi flavour

I knew nothing about this but watched a trailer and developer vid this week and it looks ace. I'm a sucker for all the retro-future branding and stuff

Comment

Looks interesting... wasn't on my radar but now is. Thanks!

Comment

Coming to the Switch too.

Comment

This is coming out in just under 3 weeks (25/10).
          I really hope it's good. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

And on Xbox Game Pass too

Comment

Possibly instant backlog for me, I'm trying to push through loads as it is and this will take ages. Plus, I don't want to make quick progress and hit any New Vegas style serious bugs

Comment

I'm looking forward to this too. The latest 'Come to Halcyon' trailer goes a tiny bit overboard on "the irony", though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=983Sp4uMiuU
                Last edited by Golgo; 08-10-2019, 08:04.

Comment

I thought New Vegas was distinctly average at best, so I'm on the fence with this one.

Comment

It seems The Outer Worlds is also going to be part of the XBOX Game Pass on PC which caught me off guard tbh. I've paid no attention to any of this before now but it sounds like a great deal.

Going off that it's £3.99 as an introductory price. So, in essence I should be able to play The Outer Worlds for £4 right? Assuming I beat it within that month of course. For that price I'd be willing to give it a go.

Comment

More people need to make use of Internet Explorer, it sounds like such a sales pitch but by using it I've racked up another 1700 points since Gears 5 came out which is just under a third of the way to a free 1 Month Game Pass code (I've already got enough for a free month on top of that). Worthwhile new releases come to Game Pass so rarely that you'll never need to spend a penny on key Xbox games ever again.

Comment

Seems like a hassle just to save a few pounds though. Game Pass is a good deal as it is, a year can often be had for 50 quid.

In other news, I'm looking forward to this. I've always really wanted to play New Vegas but never got round to it, so I'm hoping this is kinda along the same lines in terms of quality / actually better.

Comment

Works well for me as I use the net at work a lot so it's racking up at a steady and fast pace, £50 a year is decent but the service is mostly fuelled by older games I'm not interested in revisiting so for the one or two new games MS drips out per year it's £0 vs £50

Comment

At risk of derailing the thread, I'm a huge fan of Xbox Game Pass. It's enabled me to play games like Slay the Spire, Metro Exodus, Wizard of Legend, We Happy Few, Crackdown 3, Mutant Year Zero and Ashen amongst others. Games that I either wouldn't have played or taken many years to even get too (i.e. waiting for a decent sale price).

Whilst Game Pass can be had for cheap I also like the Rewards programme. I'm currently on 15k points, about to get another free month of Game Pass Ultimate from their Cosmic promotion and at 5k points for £5 can be used for more sub time, credit for Live purchases or a discount on Scarlett next year. It only takes about 5-10 minutes a day to bag the free daily points.

The fact that The Outer Worlds will be on Game Pass more icing on the cake. Although there is a limit how many subscriptions you can economically have, for someone like myself (doesn't need games day one) there's a scenario where Game Pass (and maybe PS Now) may serve my needs for games next gen. Really minimising purchases or reducing them further.

The negative is that my backlog is already huge and I don't know when I find the time to play The Outer Worlds.

Comment

Got to appreciate the graft

Top paid games– Shop these 90 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs and other devices.

Looking at the list of games, there's not too much that interests me but it does have Gears 4 & 5, Forza 4, The Bard's Tale 4 and Wargroove. I could see myself subscribing for a month for Microsoft published releases.

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              The negative is that my backlog is already huge and I don't know when I find the time to play The Outer Worlds.
                              I'm in the same boat but I do love Obsidian's output by and large so I'll probably push this to the front.

Comment

Working...
                              X