No announcement yet.

Smash Bros. Ultimate [NS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone up for some matches later this evening?

Comment

It's definitely a good Smash game, took a while to get use to the controls again as i've not put major hours into a new smash since melee. As far as Spirit mode goes, it basically a world tour mode from other games with some nice thought put into reproducing the spirits in the bodies of the 70 odd fighters... still i'd rather have had a proper adventure mode as it gave break from just pure fighting to do a bit of platforming and not having the 3D trophies and a little factsheet on them is disappointing as well.

Comment

The loading screen texts are too long to read in time. After a while you manage to piece them all together.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          The loading screen texts are too long to read in time. After a while you manage to piece them all together.
          Thought it was only new, they do whiz by at a rapid pace.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

World of Light is annoying the heck out of me. And by that I mean, the onslaught of loading screens. It’s ridiculous.

Overall from the little I have played though, the game feels pretty decent. I won’t be trying it online until I’ve completed WoL, obtained an Ethernet adapter and bought Nintendo’s online sub though! My boy Link is feeling as good as I’d like him to.

Have found that my old GC pad kinda drifts on the character select screen, up and down. Not sure if it’s my pad or something else. Might have to plug in the new pad, or try and give my old pad a quick dissemble and clean and see if that eradicates the issue.

Comment

Classic Mode is best, I find.

Comment

Well yes, that’s where I’ll be headed the next 4-6 years at least!

WoL is amusing enough, loading screens aside.

Comment

I’m a good way through World of Light. I’m not really getting it. Some of the fights are insanely difficult, but most are a breeze. It doesn’t really teach you how to play properly I find. I just go for the smash at the earliest opportunity.

I’d probably get destroyed online, but I need my £85 worth.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah I think the ones with the larger power levels are there to give you a reason to engage with the spirit leveling system.

Comment

I don't fully understand the spirit leveling to be honest, I just click the auto select.
                      I see that certain ones give you items or abilties, but I don't really get how the overally level affects you

Comment

The main spirit has attack/defense stat boosts. The slots the main spirit have can be filled with support spirits which help counter stage hazards or enhance your fighter at the start of the match.

Some main spirits can be enhanced when they reach level 99, in which case they keep their stats and revert to level 1 again to be levelled up again.

Comment

Comment

I've not played much as I'm too distracted by LA Noire but Classic Mode for the win and Trophies > Spirits

Comment

Friend code: 5601-5888-8299

Add me and search for friend arenas.

Comment

Got one open right now. ID is B3BPP

Comment

Working...
                                X