Smash Bros. Ultimate [NS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smash Bros. Ultimate [NS]

A dazzling array of options before me, I snuck a game before bed last night.

And failed abysmally to unlock any spirits! I'm so rusty, Lightning McQueen wouldn't stand next to me at the start of Cars. I fought all the spirits available and lost every match, then have to wait 5 minutes for the spirits to refresh before repeating. I'm sure it'll be easier later when I've gotten used to the game again, but playing in handheld mode was weird to start, I'll need to change around the controls if I can before it'll click better.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

The theme tune is ruined by having vocals on this World of Light is a bit of a brute, first few matches are fine but I chose to head right at the split path and quickly got slapped down. I need to work out if its a lack of higher level Spirits or something that is the issue but Bayonetta felt like she was being super cheap. The standard stuff seems decent and I'm enjoying it more than the last few entries already, unlocks seem pacey too unlocked 5/6 already

Comment

I played The World of Light and found that is a great way to unlock fighters and level up spirits. Each regular fight unlocks a spirit and every few you come across a fighter to unlock. Got Marth and Pacman that way already, plus King K Rool and Nes the usual way. Before the battle, got to spirits and press Y to get a recommended spirit loadout so you can vary which ones get leveled up and grow your spirits more evenly.

Holy crap that is a lot of stages to choose from, plus you can pick the music too? Nice.
      Quick select rules for regular smash, and the create rule set option right there.
      Be sure to visit the shop for music and Mii costumes - I got Rei mkII from Custom Robo right away which is beyond awesome as I've been harking on about the game this week. I feel like I've already enjoyed it more than 4.

Be aware that classic mode has a boss at the end...for Link

it was a bull-ganondorf who was only affected by hits on his tail. Hell if I could jump over the bas though! Cost me 2 tickets and 200G to continue enough to get him.

Then the credits sequence for classic mode is a

scrolling shooter!!

Comment

I have never really played a Smash game before, so there is a lot to learn but damn, those stages look so good and the music is just an aural treat. I had a quick bash with one of the one player modes and unlocked Ness and Zelda, lost every match and really can't work out what is going on, how to play and what the objective is. Time to look up some player guides.

Comment

I'm loving it.

It's taken me right back to my Nintendo days.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
            I have never really played a Smash game before, so there is a lot to learn but damn, those stages look so good and the music is just an aural treat. I had a quick bash with one of the one player modes and unlocked Ness and Zelda, lost every match and really can't work out what is going on, how to play and what the objective is. Time to look up some player guides.
            Honestly think this is a good place to start:

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Honestly think this is a good place to start:

Thanks dude, I will check it out.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm finding the spirit battle difficulties a little inconsistent. I can get crushed by an advanced one, yet I won a legend one by letting the Incineroar fall off the platform.

Comment

Do you have to play as Kirby in World of Light?

Comment

Spent a few hours on this today, my first real time playing a Smash game. I am enjoying the heck out of it, played the single player stock mode. Now trying the World of light now that I have an understanding of the mechanics.

The graphics and sound is just topnotch. This deserves to sell by the truck load.

Comment

My FC is SW-7215-1702-1236

I may consider stumping up for the online for this.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Do you have to play as Kirby in World of Light?
                        Only until you unlock someone else, which happens after a few battles.

Comment

I've played a few rounds of Classic Mode and unlocked 5 or 6 characters through that and a couple of others through random games.

Really enjoying it! Looks nice too, especially in handheld.

Comment

Anyone know what's the point of Spirits without a Trait? Trying to work out web by you would use them?

Comment

You could send them down t'mine to find items in World of Light.
                              Or dismiss them to get SP and a core you can use to summon something more useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X