No announcement yet.

Smash Bros. Ultimate [NS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a total newcomer how accessible is this?

Comment

The online is so awful. Starting to think this needs to be lower than second in my GOTY list now.

[MENTION=917]ItsThere[/MENTION] I came into this game with very little experience. I took to the training room to practice the moves of one character. They're quite easy to learn. I also recommend changing you controls to something that suits you more. The default stick to jump didn't feel right to me. So I went with B jump, Y attack, X special, A grab.

You'll be happy to know the move sets are generally all the same for all characters. Turn on the training dummy as a CPU to practice your moves further i.e. if they jump in do a up and special for example.

After doing some training mode, I recommend heading into World of Light (Adventure mode). You'll either grow to love it or meh it. I love it.

Tonight I played it with my 3 kids (ages 4, 5 and 8) for first time. 4 joycons. It was so much fun.

Comment

Pardon the pun, but Sakurai-san and his team have smashed it with the SNK/Garou/KoF fanservice DLC.

Comment

This does look great though the Mai exclusion was a bit eye rolling and unnecessary. It made me realise a year has passed and I've barely touched this as well

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            This does look great though the Mai exclusion was a bit eye rolling and unnecessary. It made me realise a year has passed and I've barely touched this as well
            I agree to an extent. Mai not being there was unnecessary but Sakurai-san played it for laughs excellently and it ultimately doesn’t detract from what is quality DLC from top to bottom.

Comment

Working...
            X