0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 33.33%

3 50.00%

1 16.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I've been watching my son play this on his new Switch and it looks amazing. Never appealed to me before but yeah, looks a ton of fun.

Never ever appealed to me either. Now I'm hooked!

Wii Fit is my new fighter of the moment lol.

My Brother and sister inlaw took control of my switch everytime I looked away at Christmas.
    The hybrid nature and modular pads really worked a treat.

I've been enjoying playing it online, but the poor connections really make it hard sometimes.
    I also feel like it needs some playlists which select appropriate maps for the number of players in the game, so many online matches end up on tiny 3 platform levels and it's just too much.

My biggest challenge has been that I haven't played a Smash game this much since Melee, so all the incremental moves and the countless new characters is taking a while to get used to. So much so, I'm still playing with the characters I was super familiar with from the N64 game!

I just had to put this into my number 2 slot for GOTY. Not bad for a game that I wasn't sure about after playing it a little on Wii. I'm only really going off the single player mode really. I played online several times and it was 50/50 whether or not I got a laggy match.

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    Thoroughly enjoying this so far. Mainly rocking Kirby. Shame the online mode seems laggy. My internet speed is no slouch so assume it's Ninty's poor infrastructure.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

As a total newcomer how accessible is this?

The online is so awful. Starting to think this needs to be lower than second in my GOTY list now.

@ItsThere I came into this game with very little experience. I took to the training room to practice the moves of one character. They're quite easy to learn. I also recommend changing you controls to something that suits you more. The default stick to jump didn't feel right to me. So I went with B jump, Y attack, X special, A grab.

You'll be happy to know the move sets are generally all the same for all characters. Turn on the training dummy as a CPU to practice your moves further i.e. if they jump in do a up and special for example.

After doing some training mode, I recommend heading into World of Light (Adventure mode). You'll either grow to love it or meh it. I love it.

Tonight I played it with my 3 kids (ages 4, 5 and 8) for first time. 4 joycons. It was so much fun.