Recommend 2DS games for nearly 6 year old and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend 2DS games for nearly 6 year old and other questions

Got my nearly 6 year old son a 2DS for Xmas. He likes exploring Minecraft on MY PS4, so I thought this would be a no brainer. Are the controls simple enough on this?

Also, he likes drawing and he likes the art of Pokemon. How Good and accessible is Pokemon Art Academy?

He seems to like a fun sandbox type of game, any recommendations?

Lego City Undercover fit the bill? Any others?

Thanks for your time.

If it's not a New2DS it won't play Minecraft.

Comment

Yeah it's the New version.

Comment

Okay nobody else has jumped in here so I will. I was going to yesterday but then I remembered my kids are now 10 and 12 so I'm well beyond the age group you're looking for. So some of my recommendations will be pretty old because I'm trying to remember what worked for them at that age.

Lego City Undercover - Yes, this is superb but I think my kids were around 8 when they played through it. They loved it and played through the whole thing.

Cooking Mama - they loved these games at around that age. They were pretty terrible at them but they loved them all the same.

Nintendogs - this is great for younger players. It is simple to get to grips with but has a lot to bring them back and keep them playing.

Animal Crossing - My kids were actually playing the DS version back in the day and, while they loved it, Resetti genuinely upset them. Thankfully he is much, much nicer in the 3DS version so this could be a good pick for your kid.

Super Monkey Ball - Again my kids were playing the DS one rather than 3DS one when they were around 5-6 but they loved it and were surprisingly good at it so it could be well worth trying the 3DS one.

Tomodachi Life - Might be better waiting a year or two for this one but it's definitely great for younger players.

We never tried the Art Academy games so I can't say one way or another on that one.

Comment

Mario Kart? Both my two (girls) loved it on the DS and the 2DS.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate your time.

Comment

my 5yr old loves mario kart and yoshi wooly world on the DS. super mario brothers is also worth a shout as its older and can be found for very little cost.

Comment

Working...
              X