Panzer Dragoon 1&2 Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Dragoon 1&2 Remake

I'm seeing rumours of a leak about this - pretty firm ones. Sega's doing a remake, remaster or whatever of Panzer Dragoon and Zwei.

PLEASE BE SWITCH. PLEASE BE SWITCH. PLEASE BE SWITCH.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Polish company with no real pedigree. No M2 = highly sceptical.

Comment

Switch and maybe, otherwise I'm okay as I'd only be hugely interested in remakes of the latter two games.

Comment

Please be for Xbox and enhanced for X to justify the money I spent on this RDR2 player.

Comment

No Saga and no Orta? No get.

Comment

Sega's classic on-rails shooters Panzer Dragoon 1&2 are getting the remake treatment courtesy of Polish publisher Forev…

Comment

Keep the originals intact, up the framerate to 60fps apply filtering, AA, 4k, HDR etc. Add remixed spatial audio. Job done.
                  Last edited by CMcK; 10-12-2018, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    No Saga and no Orta? No get.
                    Apparently the source code for Saga was destroyed! Going to be difficult to do a remake if that is true.

Orta looks sensational in 4k on the 1X and really wouldn’t need much work at all.

Comment

Saga's code was lost, but Orta should be available for a port, if some strange copyrights don't apply to that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        PLEASE BE SWITCH. PLEASE BE SWITCH. PLEASE BE SWITCH.
                        Please don't be Switch. We need this done right with full on HD graphics. The games deserve to look absolutely stunning. If you've seen Orta running on the Xbox One X in Back Comparability mode you'll know what I mean. That looks amazing so just imagine how great the others will look if done right.
                        I'm not saying it shouldn't be one Switch but that should not be the lead platform .

Comment

Would anyone use the source code of a Saturn game as the basis for a remake anyway? Would it not all be in platform specific assembly language? You can’t easily port that to x86

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Please don't be Switch. We need this done right with full on HD graphics. The games deserve to look absolutely stunning. If you've seen Orta running on the Xbox One X in Back Comparability mode you'll know what I mean. That looks amazing so just imagine how great the others will look if done right.
                            I'm not saying it shouldn't be one Switch but that should not be the lead platform .
                            This is not a personal concern of mine, although I get where you are coming from. The art style of Panzer Dragoon always rose above technical limitations and I have little need for the technical visual extras of the larger systems. Aiming to live up to the art design while achieving a decent frame rate is more important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Just grabbed Orta recently. It looks almost next gen yet its from the OG Box. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X