Is this image photoshopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    Jesus, I haven't used photoshop for about 10 years and I could do a better fake photo in 5 minutes.

Looks like he used Potatoprint shop.
    I could do a simply photoshop in a basic paint program and it would look far more convincing.

I think the person used an online paint program on their phone -- and they didn't know how to use it properly. The result is such a 'cut & paste' mess that's it's laughable.

I know cameras can do strange things to images, but there are far too many problems with the image for it to be a camera problem.

Comment

This courier gets around

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        I've studied the image enough to be sure that 'cut & paste' stuff has been done. I understand that a shaky camera can cause effects, but not to the extent seen here. There are far too many details that show it has been photoshopped.
        You're wrong. Unless the courier spent time and applied a blur filter to one of the layers, as you can see on the right top of the image, it's is down to camera shake from a longer exposure. You also need to ask when the courier would have time to break out photoshop get the image off his phone, do the photoshop and upload it, somehow replacing the image which they're required to take on the delivery app which uploads to the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          If you only wanted confirmation of your thoughts and not actual information, asking questions is probably best avoided.
          I will show you an image of Donald Trump flying like Superman.

The image is so obviously, ridiculously shopped, that I just wanted some sanity brought to the situation after the retailer and police showed no interest.

If some people think a shaky camera can cause a long list of 'cut & paste' effects, then that's their opinion. But I think that's based on not being able to believe that someone could be so bad at photoshopping.

I have obviously studied the image closely, so I can see loads of details that don't make sense. The image has clearly been manipulated in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            This courier gets around
            The last one

EDIT - here is my 5 minute attempt on pixlr of what the courier was trying to do. Tried to recreate fake courier one and the program screwed up and I remembered why I hate it so didn't bother.

Reading the critiques have made my evening

Last edited by Blobcat; 11-12-2018, 17:44.

Comment

This courier gets around

Those images have one clear problem, but the courier's image has loads. I don't think you can really compare it to images where there are simply one issue. The image I've shown has loads of 'cut & paste' effects.

Maybe the photoshopping is sooo bad that the courier will get away with it, simply because people can't believe it could be that bad.

The same courier company had a delivery person forge my signature and steal a parcel. They said they had reprimanded them. I think it's likely the same person who photoshopped the image.

If people really believe that the courier pointed their camera, took a shot, and it came out looking like that, then I have to disagree. The obvious 'cut & pasting' is the big clue away from stuff that could be to down to a problem with the exposure. Are there examples of exposure causing loads of 'cut & paste' effects in an image?
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-12-2018, 17:36.

Comment

You can clearly make out 2 boxes on the left side of the image

Plus if he was going to nick one, wouldn't it have been easier to take the photo with everything there in place and then remove it once the photo had uploaded via his app?

The other way to tell if it's been photoshop is to check the image noise - if it's been taken with the phone, the noise is consistent - if it's photoshop, the different layers of the image will show different noise patterns

It hasn't been photoshopped.
                Last edited by MartyG; 11-12-2018, 17:51.

Comment

Its worrying people are so gullible.

Comment

The 'exposure' problem shown on the other page has images with one clear problem. The image from the courier has loads of issues. It clearly looks like 'cut & pasting' to me, and nothing to do with a shaky camera and an exposure issue.

Comment

which bit is being cut and which piece is being pasted?

I can see why you think this, but I can clearly see 2 photos on top of each other, both with 2 carboard parcels and a blue plastic bag parcel.

Like I said, if you post the original image file, I'll look at it in a different way that will test my theory.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        You can clearly make out 2 boxes on the left side of the image
                        I really don't think that exposure issue can cause so many anomalies in an image. 2 boxes become 4, with two piled on top of the others. You can see a green wheel, when there's only supposed to be one black wheel. The blue bag becomes a huge 'cut & paste' looking mess all over the image.

I haven't been convinced that 'exposure' could cause so many issues with an image.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-12-2018, 17:57.

Comment

Like I said, if you post the original image file, I'll look at it in a different way that will test my theory.

Here's the original image from the courier's site.

I really don't think exposure can cause so many issues with an image.

I looked at those examples of funny exposure problems -- and the images all have one clear problem. There's not a huge mess surrounding the central issue. If there was only one issue with the courier's photo, I could maybe believe it was an exposure problem. What are the chances of an image looking like such a huge mess because of exposure?
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-12-2018, 18:01.

Comment

The effort you’re putting in to dimissing the information given by people who know what they are talking about is a real eye opener when it comes to society at large and conspiracy theories and so on. A thesis could be written about this thread. For me, it’s no way to live. I couldn’t make the active choice to live in ignorance when there is an opportunity to learn and find out new things. And yet here we are and you’re not the only one - there are a lot of people who would rather twist themselves up in knots to defend their incorrect world view rather than risk having those views challenged. I guess it must be a kind of safety net of sorts. Maybe it helps people live, I don’t know.

Anyway, it sucks you didn’t get your packages. Sorry to hear that. You are completely wrong about this image being Photoshopped. But I hope the situation is rectified and you get your packages back. And with that, I’m out.

Comment

Make deliveries great again.

Comment

Digital sensors, especially in cheap phones can exhibit all sorts of issues with exposure. The sensor doesn't read in parallel all at once, the sensor is read as it scans across (like a CRT) - this can cause colour banding, image shifts, jello effects especially when the exposure is longer than can be reasonable hand held and image stabilised. Combine this with the phone doing multiple exposure to brighten up the dynamic range and you end up with all kind of artifacting in an image.

Comment

Working...
                                X