No announcement yet.

Is this image photoshopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is a lot longer than I expected.

Comment

This thread is a lot longer than it needed to be.

Comment

I’m sure this thread has been photoshopped to appear longer.

Comment

I still say that the image is actually 2 seperate exposures that have gone together

You can see the 2 parcels in both of those

They have both been taken at different times/angles or the camera has warped the perspective as it's tried to align them,
          I;ve tried to seperate out those two layers and align them correctly (not ver well) there is actually a 3rd exposure in here too, but it is very close to image 2, so is just creating a blur

Most of all notice the cardboard folds in the box that is sitting on top, this is an entirely different type of box to the box sitting underneath that Leon has posted It also has different markings on the top.

Comment

Definitely just looks like a sensor glitch to me.

Comment

What Marty & Boris already said. Sensor issue.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Definitely just looks like a sensor glitch to me.
                There you go, using your "common sensor"...

...sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  The effort you’re putting in to dimissing the information given by people who know what they are talking about is a real eye opener.
                  Don't be harsh. Brad immediately felt the same way as me. Then people started talking about other possibilities. After a while, I wrapped my head around this 'exposure' issue -- and now I'm glad to have learned something.

So, it's not fair to act like I was being arrogant and dismissive. No, opinion was mixed, until it eventually became clear that 'exposure' can cause these strange effects. Hermes had reprimanded a delivery person for forging my signature a few months ago, so alarm bells did start ringing when I saw the strangely terrible image on the Hermes website. My parcels weren't where they were supposedly left -- and then I saw that image.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I still say that the image is actually 2 seperate exposures that have gone together
                  I didn't know about this sort of thing, so thanks for analysing the image. I think people can appreciate why I thought it looked photoshopped with cut & paste.

I might have to claim for the parcels by contacting my credit card company.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-12-2018, 18:56.

Comment

I didn’t see the twist coming at the end. Good luck sorting this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Good luck sorting this out.
                      That photo made it a crazy situation. I already had reason not to trust Hermes. Posting such a distorted image would make most people suspicious. At least I now know about the effects 'exposure' can create in a photo. I kept thinking "Why has the person done such a bad photoshop?" They're bound to have problems if they keep taking really bad shots.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Digital sensors, especially in cheap phones can exhibit all sorts of issues with exposure. The sensor doesn't read in parallel all at once, the sensor is read as it scans across (like a CRT) - this can cause colour banding, image shifts, jello effects especially when the exposure is longer than can be reasonable hand held and image stabilised. Combine this with the phone doing multiple exposure to brighten up the dynamic range and you end up with all kind of artifacting in an image.
                        Correct Marty, looked to me at first glance like a grab from a video exhibiting rolling shutter but yep microscopic cheapo sensors combined with poor processing can give you all sorts of strange results.

Comment

I have some limited knowledge of delivery systems because I worked briefly for a software developer who created the software on handheld delivery devices.
                          Assuming he is using something similar, once he records the delivery was a success he will get a mandatory photo opportunity. Once he takes it he will only get the option to accept or take another. Once he accepts, its pinned to the delivery account and will sync with the servers once its docked at the DC. He will have no chance to edit the photo on the device (they are heavily locked down) or have any access to the photo once it's uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            He will have no chance to edit the photo on the device (they are heavily locked down) or have any access to the photo once it's uploaded.
                            Maybe that's the case. It would explain why such a terribly distorted image was put on the Hermes site.

Part of the reason I thought it must have been photoshopped, is a Hermes courier faked my signature and made up a story about giving the parcel to me. Hermes told me the delivery person would be reprimanded. So I thought it was another case of some shady person stealing a parcel.

The exposure and processing problems with cheap phone cams isn't something I was aware of. I think that's because most people would delete such a bad image and take another photo. The image is laughably bad -- and lots of people would be suspicious.

Comment

Leon: Is this image photoshopped?

Everyone: No

Leon: Yes it is!

The amount of effort put into this thread by you people is commendable.

COMMENDABLE, I SAY!

Comment

Could we make the site famous by turning this into a meme along the lines of the "what colour is the dress" thing from a few years back?

Comment

Working...
                                X