No announcement yet.

Is this image photoshopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am almost certain Leon is trolling. Top thread!

Comment

Fool proof:

imageedited: Is your image edited?

They use it on CSI.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Leon: Yes it is!
        I simply said "it clearly looks photoshopped", which was just my opinion based on how the photo looks.

The fact is - you could take what should have been a clear photo and photoshop it using 'cut & paste' to make it look exactly the same: a strange cut & paste looking mess.

The conclusion after varied opinions had been stated, was that 'exposure' problems can cause this strange 'cut & paste' look.

I and a few others weren't aware of this issue with exposure, but now we've learned something. I was happy to accept expert opinion when EvilBoris examined the original image and clearly stated how exposure had caused a huge mess.

So when you actually read the thread thoroughly, you will see that I soon accepted that it wasn't photoshopped. But it doesn't mean that the photo doesn't look photoshopped. It's just exposure causing a photoshop cut & paste effect. Which is a very strange thing I hadn't heard of.

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Everyone: No
        No. It was people who know about this exposure problem with modern cameras who said "no". The people who didn't know about it said "yes".

The image does look like it's been photoshopped with cut & paste. I reckon a big percentage of people would think that.

A few people, especially EvilBoris, understand how camera 'exposure' can cause this sort of distorted, messy image. I don't think it's common knowledge.

Now some people are acting like I can't tell what a photoshopped image looks like, when the situation was more complicated than that. When I actually got to the root of the problem with the help of Evil Boris, it was established that it's nothing to do with photoshop.

So, this was a strange situation. The photo obviously looks like a strange mess with a clear 'cut & paste' effect going on. But that is down to strange things 'exposure' problems can cause.

I think some people, including myself, have learned something from this thread. So people who are saying I'm foolish or trolling are not being fair. It's clear to see that the courier's photo looks like a strange mess, but my feeling that it had been photoshopped turned out to be false. But it's easy to appreciate why I had that opinion before learning about how exposure problems can cause such a messy photo.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-12-2018, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          I am almost certain Leon is trolling. Top thread!

This image clearly looks like a 'cut & paste' mess. But it's actually a camera 'exposure' problem that caused a 'cut & paste' looking mess.

The photo clearly does look photoshopped, but instead of someone deliberately manipulating the image, it was the fault of the camera that ended up making the photo look photoshopped. It's a strange glitch that caused a very messy cut & paste effect.

I'm glad that EvilBoris examined the image and explained how problems with 'exposure' can cause 'cut & paste' effects.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-12-2018, 00:46.

Comment

You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's not about me not being able to recognise photoshopping, but more to do with strange effects camera exposure can cause.

I can clearly see that the images you've posted are rubbish photoshops. There is no way they are down to 'exposure' problems.

So the whole issue was about 'exposure' causing 'cut & paste' photoshop effects that can make people think a photo has been doctored.

Comment

No one likes missing parcels and I would have queried the photo too. Hope you get the stuff replaced mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's not about me not being able to recognise photoshopping, but more to do with strange effects camera exposure can cause.

I can clearly see that the images you've posted are rubbish photoshops. There is no way they are down to 'exposure' problems.

So the whole issue was about 'exposure' causing 'cut & paste' photoshop effects that can make people think a photo has been doctored.
                Just a bit of fun Leon

Comment

Yeah sorry, I was out of line.

I hope you can garner from my post in your HDD backup thread that I can be nice, too

Comment

Just a bit of fun, Leon.
                    I hope you get it resolved.

First thread you've created without the first response being "You should swap game x with game y!"

Comment

Does my bum look photoshopped in this?

Comment

There's a shortage of realistic looking photoshop posts in this thread

Comment

Working...
                        X