Project CARS 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project CARS 3

Slightly Mad Studios is currently working on Project CARS 3, according to the developer’s CEO. In a post on the GTPlanet forums, Slightly Mad’s Ian Bell confirmed a sequel to Project CARS 2 is on the way, though no release date time-frames were cited. Bell also claims Project CARS 3 will be an ambitious title, […]

The CEO of Slightly Mad Studios has confirmed that a third entry in the sim series is in development. Not much else as yet but interesting, I thought PC2 had stumbled at retail so interesting to see them still going for it.

Veteran racing developer Codemasters has announced the acquistion of fellow British racing house Slightly Mad Studios, …

Codemasters have now acquired Slighty Mad Studios and the Project CARS series

Comment

A very odd decision from my outsiders perspective.

Project CARS 2 was excellent but didn't set the world on fire and I've always wondered how the company were doing. Then they came out with the news that they're making their own console, which history shows was either a complete daydream or absloute bollocks. They also mention a 'Hollywood blockbuster game' but after the console chat, I do wonder is any of that realiable?

Looking on all of it, was this either a rescue purchase or did Slightly Mad show some bluster so it'll blow up Codemasters, or other potential investors or buyers, skirts to get more cash?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        A very odd decision from my outsiders perspective.

Project CARS 2 was excellent but didn't set the world on fire and I've always wondered how the company were doing. Then they came out with the news that they're making their own console, which history shows was either a complete daydream or absloute bollocks. They also mention a 'Hollywood blockbuster game' but after the console chat, I do wonder is any of that realiable?

Looking on all of it, was this either a rescue purchase or did Slightly Mad show some bluster so it'll blow up Codemasters, or other potential investors or buyers, skirts to get more cash?
        I suspect codemasters saw through the BS but knew that Project Cars offered a racing sim edge they maybe felt they lacked. Grid is good, but it doesn't appeal to the racing sim elite players. Hopefully PC3 will have a polish that the previous ones lacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I suspect codemasters saw through the BS but knew that Project Cars offered a racing sim edge they maybe felt they lacked. Grid is good, but it doesn't appeal to the racing sim elite players. Hopefully PC3 will have a polish that the previous ones lacked.
          I liked PC1 but like you say, the lack of polish was its downfalls.

Project CARS 2 was a lot better; More polished, loads of tracks, more cars, better game pad control and I still play it on PC and rate it really highly. I hope PC3 is even better, but a lot of the chatter Slightly Mad put out is disconcerting.

Comment

Summer 2020 on PC, XBO and PS4

Comment

I think this will be a next gen buy for me. PC2 still has legs on it. I'm hoping Codemasters bring PSVR to it like Dirt Rally.

Comment

Project Cars 2 is great with a decent VR setup so hopefully they'll keep that up with the sequel. PSVR (2) support would be great. Seems to be a popular game with the various simulator places I've visited too.

Comment

Project Cars 3 will park itself on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 28th August.This third entry in Slightly Mad Studi…

Launches 24 August ahead of the next-gen consoles and still no word of versions or updates for those machines

Comment

So I had no idea this was out. Looking at reviews it's not very good. Looks like it's gone down the toilet. Shame.

Comment

I'm waiting for it to drop to £15. The biggest criticism seems to be that it isn't as sim focused as Project Cars 2, but they did say they were taking the game in a different direction; I'm interested for the VR experience that's a little bit more towards arcade.

Comment

I think it’s great. A lot of fun, handling is great and love the arcade/sim balance. Bit tight with the credits though in career mode, but you can fast track dosh pretty quickly in other modes. Still needs a good polishing/multiple patches, but really enjoying it more than the very sterile forza 7.

Comment

I am enjoying it. Tons of tracks and variety and a good career progression system. Looks a bit of a dog though. I'm playing it on Xbox One X in "prioritise framerate" mode and it still ****s the bed when there are lots of cars or rain.

It feels like the complete opposite to GRID.

Comment

Working...
                          X