Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway to recover data from an External Powered HDD that doesn't work

Hi all,

I have just re-discovered an old powered external HDD that doesn't seem to power up anymore (plug the adaptor in & plug it into the wall & it doesn't light up or recognised by the laptop)

Does anyone know if I can use any method to recover the stuff on it?

I know it has a lot of Chloe's early baby pics on it so really need to get access to it

Thanks

Neil

I once fried the PCB of a hard drive by plugging in an incorrect charger (literally smoke everywhere) and I searched high and low and found PCBs from the same model hard drive and managed to get the drive working again.

Give me some details about the drive. Basically all info/a picture of the label on the hard disk itself would be more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
      I once fried the PCB of a hard drive by plugging in an incorrect charger (literally smoke everywhere) and I searched high and low and found PCBs from the same model hard drive and managed to get the drive working again.

Give me some details about the drive. Basically all info/a picture of the label on the hard disk itself would be more than enough.
      Thanks dude

Will grab all that tomorrow for you when I get good pics in the light

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

No problemo, hope we get this working again.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
          No problemo, hope we get this working again.
          Fingers Crossed

Neil

Comment

If there is just no power then the chances are the HDD will still work and it would just be the power board that is faulty, like a leaked cap or some thing.
            Don't you have a desktop PC that you could install the HDD in?

Edit: Or, a usb adapter like this should work https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digiflex-SA.../dp/B004JO1Z52
            Last edited by Solar; 17-12-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Working...
            X