Onimusha Warlords (Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onimusha Warlords (Switch)

Just got this and been playing it today. Have to say that I am really impressed with the remaster so far. Its a shame Capcom didnt go for a full remake like Resident Evil but this is the next best thing. The character models are sharp and hold up pretty well and all of the CGI cutscenes are revamped in HD which is a huge improvement over a remaster like Code Veronica on the PS3 which had no work done at all on the cut scenes which were a pixelated mess. Game controls well, use the d-pad for the traditional tank controls or use the analog stick for more modern movement (reminded me of Ninja Gaidens controls), although there are no analogue movement so the characters can only run and not walk, which is a bit jarring but it was the same in the original. There are also options for having the screen display in 4:3 or 16:9, the latter is the setting I have on at the moment and I havent encountered any problems or obvious cropping of the backgrounds.

For me the biggest benefit to this remaster is being able to select the voice over language. For a game set in ancient Japan it was really strange hearing the characters speaking English with American accents, so now I can finally use the Japanese dub with English subtitles.

Not sure what else to say, it is basically the original Onimusha in HD without any new additions. I liked the original so thats fine for me and this is by far the best way to play the game on modern televisions, and with the Switch's portability its also the first time being able to play the game on the go
Working...
X