Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps not the best way to remember him but I always think of this sketch when I think of Gary Rhodes.

Comment

Clive James, writer, broadcaster and TV critic, dies aged 80
      James died at his home in Cambridge on Sunday almost 10 years after his first terminal diagnosis

Comment

Clive James dead, aged 80:

Used to loooooove his show in the 80s/90s, remember setting up my brand new New Zealand Story/Batman Amiga while his show was on in the background. A mellower age.

Comment

SNAP!!!

Comment

Says a lot that I remember his show and specials so clearly despite being a kid at the time

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Clive James dead, aged 80:

Used to loooooove his show in the 80s/90s, remember setting up my brand new New Zealand Story/Batman Amiga while his show was on in the background. A mellower age.
              Clive James on TV was the show I remember which I beleive morphed in to Tarrent on TV. I used to enjoy those shows as a kid. To be honest, I thought Sir Clive had passed years ago.

Comment

He'd been really, really ill for AGES, prob best part of twenty years waiting for death but gee it took its time.

A great innings for a great man who thought he had no innings left for twenty* years!

(*it's summat like that, a loooooong time)

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Says a lot that I remember his show and specials so clearly despite being a kid at the time
                  His show was always a treat...

...maybe until that period when he had "Margarita Pracatan" on EVERY episode!!!

Maybe that's why Tarrant took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Clive James on TV was the show I remember which I beleive morphed in to Tarrent on TV. I used to enjoy those shows as a kid. To be honest, I thought Sir Clive had passed years ago.
                    Me too, his deadpan delivery was unique. Will be missed. Watched a bit of Outside Source last night in the hotel room whilst travelling with work and you could tell the presenter was a fan. RIP.

Comment

He was a reliable part of telly for our generation. Always entertaining.

Comment

From Twitter. Jason Brookes. Editor of SuperPlay amongst others. A celebrity to me. Rest In Peace, Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                          From Twitter. Jason Brookes. Editor of SuperPlay amongst others. A celebrity to me. Rest In Peace, Jason.
                          Super Play was such an awesome magazine. Jason made me a very happy guy back in my teens.

Comment

Super Play was such an awesome magazine. Jason made me a very happy guy back in my teens.
                            Will Overton used to frequent this forum, no idea if he still does.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Will Overton used to frequent this forum, no idea if he still does.
                              He did.? Never knew that.

Comment

He did.? Never knew that.
                                I'll always remember it because he sold me Too Human about 2 weeks before it was released, and I was going messages from arl ower on xbox live from total strangers asking me all about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X