Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Hardy dead aged 57, cancer, very young, seemed to be a decent bloke by all accounts, very prolific in the alternative comedy years thru to the Frasier era (though my humour-spectrum may have differed slightly/majorly).
    Last edited by JazzFunk; 02-02-2019, 03:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      90 is nothing to sniff at mind you. I like Dick Miller in every role I'd seen him in.
      Me too, I even liked him in Prize Fighter on the Mega CD. RIP

Comment

Believe it or not, Lionel Blair is 90. Though still extant.

Dick Miller had one of the most recognisable faces in the movies, a good innings as well.

Comment

Finney was the face of the vibrant new wave of working-class postwar British cinema, and maintained a fierce vitality in his distinguished later performances

Albert Finney has died aged 82

Comment

Weird, that, I mentioned Gumshoe in the Films You Have Watched thread a few weeks back. Sounding old now but I saw him actually alive in a play at Leeds Grand Theatre back in autumnish 1989. It was a play about South Africa, it was really dull. Especially after having seen Karate Kid 3 at the flix earlier, in the summer. It wasn't as good.

I remember he was in a Dennis Potter* teleplay called 'Cold Lazarus' back in the 90s, it's involves Albert Finney's severed head being brought back in a different era after decades of being frozen cryogenically.

I never saw it but it sounded proper interesting, I bet it's a gem now, like Singing Detective proper is.

(*I hope it actually was Dennis Potter and I'm not hallucinating. Getting hard to tell nowadays, yah)

Comment

I was 14 at the time of that play. I was still reading Viz and staring at boobies and not into the minutiae of South African politics...the boobies and Viz were too strong an influence, it wasn't Albert's fault, god rest his soul.

Comment

Not looking good for Bill Cosby, been moved to gen-pop in prison. Don't quite know how an 81yr old sex offender celeb will fare in prison but I reckon the prognosis isn't great...

Comment

We've lost Gordon Banks, one of my footy hero's as a kid. Quite proud of the fact I saw 'the save' live on telly, the Mexico WC 70 my earliest footy memories.
                  Some lovely anecdotes even from Pele himself re: the save, who start shouting 'goal' but stopped halfway when he saw Banksy save it, he went on to say even though he scored over a thousand goals he will still be remembered for the one he didn't score.

Lovely bloke Gordon RIP.
                  Former England goalkeeper Gordon Banks, who won the World Cup in 1966, has died aged 81.

Comment

I grew up living three doors down from him and he was always a friendly person. I remember once when I was about nine, I was on my bike and my chain snapped. He was out tending to his garden and without any hesitation he came over, helped me fix my bike and then went and got me a signed photo. Out of all the famous people I've met he was the most down to earth and genuine of them all. An absolute legend.

Comment

Aww that's a lovely story and completely in character of the man isn't it - not surprising at all.

Can't see any of today's 'superstar' players doing something like that.

Comment

US reporter David Horowitz has died aged 81, he was best known for this incident:

Comment

Andre Previn, for the normal bloke in the street most fondly remembered for that superb sketch with Morecambe and Wise with the classic line "All the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order".
                          Friends and fellow musicians pay tribute to "witty and brilliant" conductor and composer André Previn.

RIP Andre.
                          Last edited by Anpanman; 28-02-2019, 20:39.

Comment

Keith Flint of The Prodigy is dead. Aged just 49.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Keith Flint of The Prodigy is dead. Aged just 49.
                              Jeez! That hit me. Love prodigy.

Comment

Ah man, gutted.

Comment

Working...
                                X