Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Singleton, director of Boyz N The Hood and 2 Fast 2 Furious has died. Aged 51.

Edit: There are now conflicting reports on this and he might actually be alive.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 29-04-2019, 14:08.

Comment

Wikipedia currently saying 'was'...time around 2.16/2.17 BST I'm posting this...

Remember going to see that at The Odeon back in the 9-1. Only 51 as well. Young. Any conspiracies??? Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre too, that's where Eazy-E pegged it...

Comment

Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew dies aged 74

Peter Mayhew, who has died aged 74, was a "kind and gentle man", says Han Solo actor Harrison Ford.

"Peter Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars films, has died aged 74, his family says.

He passed away at his home in Texas on 30 April with his family by his side, a statement said.

The British-American actor played giant Wookiee warrior Chewbacca in the original trilogy beginning in 1977 as well as later films until 2015."

Comment

No way!

Comment

To say he was taller than most fences and probably riddled with osteoarthritis, I'd say 74 was a bloody decent innings. RIP Chewbacca.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              To say he was taller than most fences and probably riddled with osteoarthritis, I'd say 74 was a bloody decent innings. RIP.
              I've still no idea how he fit in that R2-D2 suit!

Comment

I've only seen the first three but enjoyed him in the part nonetheless RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I've still no idea how he fit in that R2-D2 suit!
                  It was only his knob mate, you don't think Kenny Baker twinkled the lights, do ya??!

Comment

Peter was doing a few cons this year, I met him in March for a few last signatures... thought he’d retire end of the year, and he seemed in good spirits at all the events in 2019. A very sad loss.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Freddie Starr dead aged 76

The comedian, who rose to fame after appearing on TV show Opportunity Knocks in the 1970s, has died at the age of 76

Saw this bloke live in Blackpool when I was like 10/11, 85/6 or summat, he was actually bloody hilarious, really funny. 76 not a bad innings to say he lived a rock n' roll lifestyle for much of his life, he was nearly 80, damn it, can't understand why peeps on Facebook putting up "it was too soon" posts ffs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Freddie Starr dead aged 76

The comedian, who rose to fame after appearing on TV show Opportunity Knocks in the 1970s, has died at the age of 76

Saw this bloke live in Blackpool when I was like 10/11, 85/6 or summat, he was actually bloody hilarious, really funny. 76 not a bad innings to say he lived a rock n' roll lifestyle for much of his life, he was nearly 80, damn it, can't understand why peeps on Facebook putting up "it was too soon" posts ffs!!!!
                        Yep me too about ten years earlier on the Central Pier, I think he was the top draw at the summer season. If memory serves he did a family show which I went to then perhaps at the weekend he did something later for the adults.
                        As you say he was hilarious, all the kids and mums & dads were in stitches.

A really talented bloke with a great singing voice, if you search on YouTube for his 'speeded up' routine you're in for a treat.

Comment

Yeah, a proper entertainer. Know he's not gone yet but will also put in a good word for Bobby Davro, saw him around the same time in the same place and he was bloody great, manic throughout, it was brill.

Comment

We've lost Brian Walden, probably not a 'celebrity' in the modern sense but someone I certainly remember who could grill an MP to well-done.
                            RIP Brian.
                            The former Labour MP and political interviewer was known for his grilling of Margaret Thatcher.

Comment

Doris Day has passed away aged 97

Comment

Let me speak for the entire world when I say I thought she was dead decades ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X