This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom Patrol: Season 01
    Meeeeh. At 15 episodes this was way overlong and aimed to carry off some very stupid stuff by being self-aware of it. I can see how some comic fans might be pleased to see an adaptation that adapts the weird stuff as well as the easily marketable side of things but the show ends up proving why some stuff is best left to the page. The character history stuff is good but won't carry the show for multiple years whilst the main plot was a masterstroke in spinning your wheels for a dozen episodes. There's potential to this but of the three current DCUService shows it's easily the weakest.

Comment

Watched the last of the Cybernaut episodes on the special bluray, it was a 70s New Avengers episode, with appropriate adverts. One for Reliant Robins, a really saucy one for Hi-Karate aftershave, a cigar one with John Le Mesurier and a good Esso one explaining all the things made from the petrochemical industry, not just fuel.

Comment

Found myself taping a show called SNACKMASTERS, it's a thing where two top chefs are tasked with recreating famous junk food, first ep was a Burger King Whopper. Made me ravenous watching them test out all them chargrilled patties, I was desperate for a Five Guys afterwards.

It's...absolute pointless chaff but I enjoyed it. Got the French guy from First Dates presenting, very enthusiastically, must've been a really good gig for him (either that or he's on drugs).

Probably will watch another. Think they've just done one with a KitKat.

Comment

I can only watch shows like that if already eaten. It's torture if I'm hungry.

Comment

I have trouble watching gross stuff on an empty stomach.

I was watching the latest episode of The Walking Dead before lunch and had to pause it to eat something because the first scene involved zombies biting a woman's nose off.

Comment

I can't watch cookery shows on an empty stomach
              You can't watch gory shows on an empty stomach

Just to clarify, it's because cookery shows make me hungry
              That's not your issue it it?!

Comment

Haha, I realised it would make me sound like some kind of cannibal/vicarious zombie

I think when it's really disgusting, it makes my stomach start churning. And if there's nowt in there to churn, then...

Itchy.

Tasty.

Comment

Fiiiiiinally started watching the original TWIN PEAKS. Just finished Episode 2 (3 if you include the pilot).

It's BURRRILLLLLIIIAAAANT.

Even better, it's channelling DEADLY PREMONITION like nothing else I've ever seen.

The coincidence is *amazing*. More *amazing* than the coffee down at The Lamplighters.

I'll be drinking ALL this coffee.

My life is illuminated again!

Comment

And also, found out the entirety of THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN is on BBC iPlayer. I watched the recent specials and really liked em, ain't seen the first series for over a decade...

...and by god you've got an unhappy man suddenly presented with two amazing things to watch that have totally U-turned his negative feelings like a very phat hydrogen bomb.

Been in a bit of a mire. Been a 'mare. A maze. Now it's "amaze".

Really lifted me like mad, proper good telly!!! I'd say cheggidout on iPlayer rather than Netflix, the iPlayer is like 16:9 but the Netflix is like 4:3 but seems to chop off both sides of the screen. Weird.

Anyhow, god bless you all!!!!!

Comment

Dark: Season 02
                      Took two episodes just to get our heads around who everyone was again but once we did... well, this season was done with mystery. Lots of answers and blew the lid off the characters ignorance of events. The hook for the final season risks ruining things but I'm game given the good will the first two seasons have built.

Comment

Undone on amazon, has a really unique visual look and I really enjoyed the series overall, you can tell from the dialogue that one of the Bojack Horseman writers is the writer. Looking online it seems people dislike the main character as she’s a bit sarcastic and maybe not the most likeable person, I always enjoyed the dialogue between her, her sister and her mum it actually felt like a very real relationship.

About 28mins per episode and 8 episodes in total, so easy enough to get through.

Started watching series 2 of Flowers as I originally watched the first series when it was on C4 but never saw the next series, had seriously forgot just how ****ed up everything was from series 1, seriously good show though.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Fiiiiiinally started watching the original TWIN PEAKS. Just finished Episode 2 (3 if you include the pilot).

Yes, it’s something else.

Comment

Finished The Magicians. Very cool. Lots of great topics tackled. Lots of great characters and plots that you care about. Decent acting.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

I love Twin Peaks so very much. The third season contains some of the boldest and best TV I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Dark: Season 02
                              Took two episodes just to get our heads around who everyone was again but once we did... well, this season was done with mystery. Lots of answers and blew the lid off the characters ignorance of events. The hook for the final season risks ruining things but I'm game given the good will the first two seasons have built.
                              I had pretty low expectations of the second season, particularly after how the first closed, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. Inevitably, the end of the second season gave me the same feeling again, but I'm not letting that put me off what's next!

Comment

Balls-deep into the third disc of TWIN PEAKS (watching it in old skool DVD box set mode).

I'm sad about Waldo's demise, I *WANT* Audrey and also *WANT* a nice, frosted donut.

Comment

Working...
                                X