This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnival Row: Season 01
    Or Fairy Knooky if you prefer given how often it comes up. I enjoyed this though it took time over it's 8 ep run to get much depth to the plot going. There's room for a less interesting season 2 based on where this leaves off. Solid probably best describes it.

Comment

Currently enjoying Succession S1. Not a show I'd have watched based on the basic set-up (head of a family run media empire considers retiring) but it's very good. Trying my best not to binge through it too fast. Typical HBO quality.

One show I really miss is Louie. Not talking about new content, I understand why that ain't ever happening, just the seasons that were made before the misconduct happened (never got to see them all before they disappeared from nearly all formats). I get why those decisions were made to pull the content, but selfishly I wish it was still out there to watch on Netflix/Sky/FX/whatever.

Comment

I’m surprised Netflix would pull them when they still have his standup shows.

Louie was a beautiful series.

Comment

Mr Whipcrack. Whip it out, crack it off.

Jush like thah.

Verrry icky, put me off the dude tbh.

Comment

More TWIN PEAKS. Had to rewatch that ep where Hank fights with the Chinese bloke (don't know his name yet, it takes me ages to learn names in stuff like this). I love seeing fights like that, Hank telegraphs his moves like The Telegraph.

Then watched the last 3 eps of FOUR IN A BED (love this show). Some interesting emotional dynamics brought about by slightly petty comments. When I watch this, I wonder how much the people who make it wind up the protagonists.

It's a comfy armchair of a TV show, at least for me, not least because one of my greatest loves I have in my life is sampling the hotels and B&Bs of these sceptred isles whenever I have the coffers available to do so.

Comment

The intro sequence for S2 of Jack Ryan on Prime is super cool.

Comment

MoOre TWIN PEAKS. Think I'm at the point where it truly goes proper weird. Leland is my fave. He's inspiring.

I went down to make a cuppa tea earlier and burst into Rodgers N' Hammerstein-style sing-age.

What I sung was this:

"it's the most...wonderful time...of the year"

Comment

Agents of SHIELD: Season 04
                  The famously best run of the show, finally got this one done and what can I say? Yes, it's the best run. But for Marvel shows that's like saying this is a cherry sitting atop of a turd. It's better but that doesn't mean it's good. The Ghost Rider arc elevates the show but only for 8 episodes before it descends into robot nonsense for the rest of the run. I think I've ultimately come down on the view that AoS simply isn't a very good concept.

Comment

Killing Eve: Season 01
                    Appreciated the unexpected humour and light tone of this. Based on the first run I wouldn't go wild about it in the way its audience seems to have but it's a fun little show even if I'm not sure how much mileage the concept has.

Comment

Peaky Blinders. Halfway through season 2. Love it.

Comment

RICHARD OSMAN'S HOUSE OF GAMES. I like it. It's a good EGGHEADS substitute. It's chaff but it makes you push your brain a tad.

I'd say it was more cerebral than Eggheads. On that, you either know it or you guess. On this, you can actually push some answers out if you squelch your brain, make it poop out an answer.

It's not a flawless format but works well for 30mins of junk quiz telly, at least for moi.

Comment

Onto like Ep 18/19 of TWIN PEAKS and realised four of the original ROBOCOP cast are in it or have been in it, so far.

Just makes it even better.

Comment

Just finished watching The OA again. Enthralling. Maybe better second time around.

Comment

Spiral.

Awesome and gritty drama. None of yer perfect white teeth and designer stubble in this one. No wonder real life detectives in France can't watch this as it's too similar to their day job.

Brilliant.

Comment

I've been watching the new series of 'Creepshow' from Shudder.

As much as the production quality is quite high, the stories, so far( I've watched 5 episodes), have been quite weak. There's none of the clever writing you have with The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, or even the old series of Tales from the Crypt. The writers have just concocted very formulaic rubbish that has little imagination and any thought provoking elements. One episode featuring DJ Qualls(skinny guy from Road Trip)was just about reasonable and delivered a bit of entertainment, but it still felt too lightweight. Overall, it all feels very generic and severely lacking when it comes to intelligent writing.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-11-2019, 01:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X