This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I recently got a free month of Now TV (it’s in the Vodafone app’s ‘VeryMe’ free offers thing), and the whole of S1 is on there if you want to watch it a bit more quickly. Haven’t checked it out myself yet.
    Thanks for the heads-up wakka ... it's all available on Sky too ... I'm just taking it s-l-o-w

Comment

Fleabag: Season 02
      Enjoyed this just as much as the first run, the ending could have been a little better as a place to stop the show but barring that it was really good.

Legends of Tomorrow: Season 04
      I enjoyed having Constantine back in action after all these years but by and large the show is utter garbage nonsense and I'm somewhat amazed CW still renew it rather than cancel it and replace it with something much better.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman.

Rather eye-opening YA fiction set in an alternate reality where race relations are reversed. It really made me think about the struggle faced by people throughout history. Anyone who bemoans the existence of Black History Day and other such educational events needs to read this. It will help you to understand why such things are vital, and even then, you can’t possibly understand things properly. It’ll be shown as a tv series soon/
        This starts tonight.
        Noughts & Crosses is broadcast on BBC One on Thursday 5 March at 21:00 GMT.

Malorie Blackman's hugely successful 2001 novel has been adapted as a BBC One series.

Comment

Still working through The Twilight Zone. Getting better, IMO. Episodes 5&6 were pretty good, particularly the Trumpian one. It’s not must-see material but it’s a solid 7/10 at its best.

Comment

I'm watching The Expanse. I'm on the 4th season and the story has gone off on a tangent but I do appreciate the script. The characters are intelligently written. It's a good series.

Comment

Finished The Twilight Zone. The middle episodes were pretty strong, but the last two left me cold. I reckon 6 episodes were good, and certainly as a whole I preferred it to the last season of Black Mirror, so I'm definitely up for a second series. The penultimate episode was a bit dull, but good to see the guy from the IT Crowd getting a chance to show off his acting skills (not Richard Ayoade, btw). But the final episode made me cringe a bit. Started off well, but ended in fanboyish uncanny valley territory. No thanks.

Comment

Watched the last three episodes of MASTERCHEF back to back.

There's always been ONE thing I've been curious about. It's the critic episodes, where they get three foodies in to try out everyone's food (always a good watch).

Yeah, how does this work? It's usually four chefs making two courses each...so these critics (AND John n Gregg) have to eat or sample EIGHT meals...and they often clear the plate.

Continuity-wise, it all looks like it's taking place on the same day, all the chefs are cooking together, all the critics keep the same clothing.

It's just...how can you eat EIGHT dinners in an afty? They're hardly Billy Bunters, most of the time. Unless Charles Campion is on. But you hardly see him these days, it's a joy watching this big fat specky bloke diving into a plate of grub with a big, gluttonous grin on his fat chubby face.

I was a fatty when I was younger. He kind of looks a bit like me if I'd kept getting that extra tuna ciabatta melt with my pizzas when I was in my early 20s. He's proper fat. I hope he isn't dead. He's the only one I'd truly believe could demolish all that tucker. You could probably feed a family of paupers with the bits of pheasant trapped between his teeth.

Just seems too much food for these peeps to eat...or do they just regurgitate their dinners into a communal slops bucket after every plate???

It's a puzzler, that's for sure.
                Last edited by JazzFunk; 09-03-2020, 04:45.

Comment

Watched the first ep of The Trip To Greece and straight away it's on great form. One of my fave British comedies in the last 10 years for sure. It's so original and so perfectly honed.

Comment

More MASTERCHEF. Critics night. Where each of the four chefs has to make a 2-course meal. For the critics.

We're talking either a starter and main or a main and dessert here.

There was some ruddy doofus on who was supposed to do scallops with black pudding as a starter. He messed up his black pudding and served just the scallops. In a sauce.

THEN, for his main, it was supposed to consist of a bit of fish fillet, some clams, and summat else fishy I've forgotten. He managed the fish fillet, his clams didn't open, he messed up his other fishy thing.

So, he just served the fish fillet. In a sauce. As the main.

What a doofus.

Comment

Around 7 eps in to The Twilight Zone now. It is a little uneven but that's down to the huge amount of diversity in the stories, they're not all going to resonate. Enjoying it on the whole. About As good as I could expect from a modern-day take. The Comedian and Replay are my favourite eps so far.

Comment

Enjoying the final season of Homeland on Channel 4 - even in its least good seasons it has always been worth watching and this one is not disappointing me at all. I'll be sorry when it finally ends.

What do we think about Star Trek: Discovery here?

I've been watching (E4) and sort of enjoying it, mostly, but in an uncommitted way. It has a huge whiff of fan fiction about it. Yet again the tedious Klingons have been re-imagined, they've shoehorned in a couple of gay characters, alternative universes and the central character (Michael) is one of the least interesting Star Trek leads yet imagined. She (yes she) is regularly being over-shadowed by those played by Michelle Yeoh and Jason Isaacs.
                        Last edited by fallenangle; 16-03-2020, 11:46.

Comment

Michael Burnham is an abomination, that whole show is some sort of gender fluid nightmare.

Comment

Love me some Star Trek: Discovery. Despite how awkwardly it sits in the canon it's much more interesting than most ST series and other Sci-Fi's running

Comment

Watched the first couple of episodes of Noughts and Crosses, which is okay.

Comment

Finished The Trip To Greece. I love the show but it does feel like it's about run its course. Very good though.

Also 2 eps into the current season of Better Call Saul. Brilliant as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X