Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mocumentary on "golden aye" on Prime pretty funny.

Going For Golden Eye:
    Last edited by charlesr; 17-03-2020, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
      A mocumentary on "golden aye" on Prime pretty funny.
      Fixed the link for you. Edit your post to see how I did it.

Comment

Just watched MASTERCHEF. Made me wanna gip. One of the desserts was this chocolate rice puddingy thing that really *did* resemble the bottomly aftermath of a night on the John Smiths Bitter.

John and Gregg weren't fans, either. You just wouldn't, would you?

Comment

This week's Curb was brilliant. Very silly but brilliant. Jon Hamm shadowing Larry was class. As is the ongoing acceptance / casual references to Latte Larry's as a 'spite store', as if it's the most normal thing in the world

Comment

^they still making more Curb??? I've been out of the loop with it for years. How many seasons now? Think last I saw was 5!!!

Comment

Yes. Season 10 airing now. Interesting thing about the show is the space between seasons, like they only make it when it feels right, when the ideas are there. It's been going 20 years.

Comment

Cool, love it when I've got a lot of really good stuff to watch. Think I'll start back from Season 1, used to love it, don't know why I stopped watching it, think life got in the way.

Comment

I watched I Am Not Okay With This on Netflix and thought it was absolutely superb. And pretty amazing that the episodes were only around 20 minutes. That’s a great runtime. Really strong show with a Life Is Strange vibe.

Comment

HARDBALL with Ore Oduba AKA The Black Roger Moore. Good to see the Moore Bond era represented on telly. Sod Idris, I reckon Ore could kick his arse so hard he's wearing his teeth as a tiara.

It's a good quiz. The questions are like mid-level tough, at points. It's pretty deece, I like it.

It's also the only quiz show that's got videogame questions that extend beyond Pac-Man/Space Invaders/Sonic/Mario. Unheard of!

There was a videogamey question t'other day.

You know what the answer was? "gecko"

It was a question about Gex, he even said the words "Crystal Dynamics" in the question!

Progress!!!!!

Comment

The Stranger. Load of rubbish.

Comment

Went to my mate's to drop some supplies off, he got me watching HYPOTHETICAL.

It was vaguely amusing at points, and as I'd never seen it before, I didn't know the rules...and found the humour kinda unfunny. But I was too polite to say. Nah, don't like.

Ended up watching Vic n' Bob's Big Night Out afterwards. The recent one which I've never seen. It gave me hope. It actually made me cackle proper on 3 occasions.

But that's how it always was!!!

Even in the 90s,Vic n' Bob was full of unfunny bits. It was the ACTUALLY funny bits that made up for it all.

Not just belly laughs, soul laughs as well.

At the absurd.

They're still Vic n' Bob. Still amazingly peculiar and funny in the same way a good Jack Russell is. Makes me warm seeing it. Absolutely good for the soul.

(though the animated cartoon bits are SHOIT and they should get rid)

This is the ONLY thing I'd pay a licence for!

Comment

Anyone here watching Neighbours Endgame.

Usual Neighbours away day/after hours stuff where everybody from Ramsay Street seems to turn up somewhere else and there a bit more 'adult' content but not enough to frighten the horses or interest anyone over the age of 12. Typically ludicrous but filmed competently enough so that it is not offensively bad............................................... .................except in one case.

Somehow they decided it was a good idea to cast Denise Van Outen as one of the younger character's mother. She's been in and out of it for a few months and each time it has been cringe worthy to the point of embarrassment. Her musical theatre acting 'style' might pass muster for a pantomime but for a TV drama even an Oz soap that often descends to almost pantomime level itself was just so outstandingly bad it has stuck out like a sore thumb.

I just wonder if the denouement of her storyline was a last minute change and the producers decided they had to get rid of her for good. Her final scenes were so badly acted and crudely filmed (poor green screen) it deserves some sort of soap Golden Raspberry award.
                          Last edited by fallenangle; 20-03-2020, 15:26.

Comment

What, is that like an '18' spinoff of Neighbours? Like those two old Brookside VHS sell-thru vids that were truly tacky but waaaaaaay cool at the same time???

If so, you're making me wanna get into Neighbours!!!

Comment

Juggling a few things lately, but finished 'Hunters' last night which is so, so daft. Well done to them on making a final episode so bloody stupid that I began questioning how and why I watched it in the first place.

Still carrying on with Better Call Saul, Picard, and Homeland, which are scratching a bunch of other itches.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                What, is that like an '18' spinoff of Neighbours? Like those two old Brookside VHS sell-thru vids that were truly tacky but waaaaaaay cool at the same time???

If so, you're making me wanna get into Neighbours!!!
                                Yes, its a special after hours run they've been doing this week at 10pm/11pm on C5/C5+1(UK).

Those Brookside late spins off were tacky, a few expletives and some awkward 'sexy' coupling which were always pretty tame and never cool.

This Neighbours Endgame is similar in concept and execution running parallel to the daily soap story lines too and is meant to celebrate the soap's 35th year annversary. Three fleeting buttock shots, two of them guys is your lot as regards the 'adult' content. Lets remember, if we must, that back in the day they were not averse to that sort of thing in the daily soap time slot. It was almost a right of passage for the more laddish characters to get their kit off at some point and be seen streaking down Ramsay Street.

Weirdly it was always the guys, never the girls. Craig McLachlan, is one that has just come to mind and I really wish it hadn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X