This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Family: Season 11
    Like a tired old dog, someone finally put the show out of its misery. MF passed its peak a solid 5 or so seasons ago and every since has been trapped depicting characatures of the characters. It's been a painful road to the end and due to the set up of the show it took the easy way out with an ending that tries to up the tears but can only ever deliver a finale that is no different than any other season finale it's had. It's one shining jewel is the episode with Fred Willard who looks sickly old in the episode and even without the knowledge that he died a few months after filming, it feels like a fitting farewell to him and there's a sense that Ty Burrell knew it would be the last he'd see him during filming too. Other than that one sweet episode though it's good the show has been put to bed.

Comment

Started watching The Wire again. I used to watch it when it first came out (psn/xbox user name based on fave character) but missed the final season for some reason and never got round to watching it as it felt like it'd been too long since I'd seen the earlier ones. So I'm starting from the beginning again and it's sooooo so good. 7 eps in and I can't get enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Started watching The Wire again.
        Got the box sets years ago. Went to finally watch it and the discs are missing.
        I'd obviously convinced myself I'd watch them on a holiday and moved them to a CD wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Modern Family: Season 11
          Like a tired old dog, someone finally put the show out of its misery. MF passed its peak a solid 5 or so seasons ago and every since has been trapped depicting characatures of the characters. It's been a painful road to the end and due to the set up of the show it took the easy way out with an ending that tries to up the tears but can only ever deliver a finale that is no different than any other season finale it's had. It's one shining jewel is the episode with Fred Willard who looks sickly old in the episode and even without the knowledge that he died a few months after filming, it feels like a fitting farewell to him and there's a sense that Ty Burrell knew it would be the last he'd see him during filming too. Other than that one sweet episode though it's good the show has been put to bed.
          It's finally popped up on Japan's Netflix and we're going nuts over it. Only the first five seasons, though. Hilariously, Netflix remembers how much we watched in the UnoDNS days and we were four episodes away from the end of season five

We've started from the beginning. It's soooo good.

Comment

Yep, S11 has a few clips from moments in the early seasons scattered through it and they serve as sharp reminders of how much better those early runs were.

Comment

Last couple of nights I've not been gaming as much and have instead been watching an obscene amount of Brooklyn NINE-NINE!!

Also I've been revisiting Almost Human with Karl Urban, Michael Daly and the lovely Minka Kelly.

Shame it was cancelled after 13 episodes as I thought it was brilliant!!

Comment

Still enjoying intermittently (more good than bad) ITV4's showing of time traveling, occasionally exceptionally brutal melodrama Outlander now onto series 4.

Didn't much care for season 3 but season 4 is right back on track with Ep7 Down The Rabbit Hole shown tonight, arguably the best acted and well written episode so far. It didn't even include the two main protagonists - make of that what you will.

Comment

Finished all five seasons of Midnight Diner now (3 original, 2 commissioned by Netflix). Loved them all. Sappy but uplifting. Warm blanket TV.
                  Next stop: Better Call Saul.

Comment

HBO are showing the new Watchmen TV series online for free all weekend.

No signup and it works without a VPN.

The official website for Watchmen on HBO, featuring interviews, schedule information, behind the scenes exclusives, and more.

I just watched the first episode and that ending scene with the wheelchair guy ****ed me up. The entire episode had me on edge tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Last couple of nights I've not been gaming as much and have instead been watching an obscene amount of Brooklyn NINE-NINE!!
                      Wife and I were staying at a hotel in NY a few years ago. I switched on the telly randomly while getting ready to go out and it was on. We were watching Brooklyn IN Brooklyn! Sort of.

Wife and I quote these lines almost daily:

Rosa replying to a guy calling her 'sweetheart' with "SWEETHEART!?"
                      The Vulture calling Rosa "All right, tough guy. What do you got planned?"
                      Bill Hader as the new captain mimicking Rosa asking about the the iPads. "What the HELL are these!?"
                      Special mention: Captain Holt saying "HALLOWEEEEEEEEEN!" on the bus.

Comment

Eventually got around to watching the two new series of The X Files. Felt there were too many Clive Bruckman style episodes and not enough serious dark stand-alone ones over the two seasons that captured the tone of the original. Season eleven was better though due to the extra episodes and writing. The mythology arc was ultimately unsatisfying as well. I take it they have left it open for a third movie?

Rewatching Star Trek Discovery right now having given up on it a few years ago, only after three episodes.

Whoever said it looks more like Mass Effect than Star Trek is spot on
                        Last edited by CAPCOM; 21-06-2020, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                          Finished all five seasons of Midnight Diner now (3 original, 2 commissioned by Netflix). Loved them all. Sappy but uplifting. Warm blanket TV.
                          Next stop: Better Call Saul.
                          I'd forgotten that they'd put new series of Midnight Diner up.

May have to take a night off of TLOU2 to binge a few feel good moments.

Comment

A round up of the last week:

Jessica Jones: Season 03
                            Always preferred this of all the Netflix Marvel shows but man, what a wet fart of a closer. Dull as dishwater throughout and cements that Netflix's offerings really did need putting out of their misery.

The Office: Season 03
                            The start of the peak era for the US show, lots of key events going on in this run and a good consistency

Star Trek Picard: Season 01
                            I enjoyed it but it's definitely a step down from Discovery even if it is a different beast. For me, I liked that they pulled off a story that tied off Nemesis in a much better fashion but in terms of Picard in the last episode and the events that happen specifically around his character - did not feel that at all.

Comment

I started watching Frasier again from the start. It's brilliant and the perfect watch for a crappy 2020.

Comment

Frasier is a show I always go back to. I don't think it's the funniest sit-com ever, but it's pure Friday night feel-good.

Comment

Working...
                                X