This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Feet: Series 8
    Better than the series before but it can be so infuriating to watch at times. Jen remains utterly vile, David was handled fine enough this time out as was Pete. The kids... they're just plot devices really, Matt is the main one and he's a massive unlikeable prat with the show seemingly unable to decide if he's of school age or not at this point. The storyline involving Adam and Karen though... man, talk about forced. Not just that but the series finale the other night... jesus, probably one of the very worst episodes in the shows history with no-one making any sense at all in their reactions, they just all came off very poorly and it killed the momentum. It's likely to get a ninth and tenth run to match the original run the show had in length but they need an end game.

Comment

The Runaways: Season 2
      We've decided to drop this, an incredibly common theme for MCU series. The first season was... okay, the second is pretty much just rambling episodes of padding, the show has no real direction and loops on the kids and parents falling out about the same plot arc constantly. Would have worked better as an event series.

Comment

I started watching Runaways but it’s not much cop. The characters are really one dimensional and surprisingly well dressed, with access to make up, considering their predicament!

Comment

Yeah, it leans too heavily into the teen drama with all the eye rolling trappings. I think at this point I've only got Agents of Shield for MCU series on the go now with Cloak and Dagger left to try as they're all pretty naff.

Comment

Anyone see the new Alan Partridge last night? It was OK...but not really an explosion of chuckles. Quite arid, laughter-wise, but with moments of promise. Would be nice to have Baynham and Iannucci back on the squad.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Maybe not peak Partridge but it's great to have anything new back on tv.

Comment

Watching Orville, I quite like it first season had some annoying moments but last episode of season 2 i thought was very good

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Anyone see the new Alan Partridge last night? It was OK...but not really an explosion of chuckles. Quite arid, laughter-wise, but with moments of promise. Would be nice to have Baynham and Iannucci back on the squad.
                  I'll be watching it tonight. Was pretty busy getting this week's Battle of the Ports ready so I didn't have time. Kind of looking forward to it.

Comment

NBC has renewed the comedy series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” for a seventh season overall, and second on NBC following its five season stint on Fox. The series will return in the 2019-2020 season Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, co-presidents of scripted programming at NBC Entertainment said in a statement: “It’s been one of our great joys […]

Spared from execution Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been renewed for Season 7

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      Watching Orville, I quite like it first season had some annoying moments but last episode of season 2 i thought was very good
                      The second series had been a lot better. Stronger writing and better character development with less reliance on guest stars. Plus hints at a future story arc too.

Comment

The big M.C. tonite. Masterchef. There has been nobody who's an atrociously bad cook, yet. I am also noticing a sinister trend for beetroot-based dishes and cauliflower has been vastly overused (anyone fancy cauliflower four ways?)

Anyway, I love it, despite those pesky veg. And Gregg is a weird synthesis of the punchable and the likeable. John Torode is doing lots of funny eye-rolling this season, he could be on Vic Reeves.

Hoping big fattie Charles Campion turns up, it's great watching him chow down because nothing goes to waste.

Comment

Latest ep of The Grand Tour was really good fun. Basically the Top Gear caravan ep but with RVs in Nevada.

Comment

Tin Star: Season 02
                            For the most part this is a huge aside from the first season and relies on a massive coincidence so should be awful but we really enjoyed this second run a lot more than we'd expected to. Really hope it gets a third to wrap things up.

Comment

Bottom: Series 1
                              The missus was the one to raise revisiting this and it's been interesting. Some of the episodes drag on as they go but others flow much better. It remains absolutely mesmerising, at bare minimum, watching Rik Mayall put everything into his performance

Comment

This is probably blasphemous but I stopped watching Bottom when I realised I was only watching it for that very reason: Mayall was fascinating. He had a touch of genius but I didn’t actually enjoy the show itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X