Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know The Big Bang Theory so well now I can do a high percentage of the punchlines.

I'd imagine you could probably make a good drinking game out of that.

Comment

Managed to snag a Disney+ sub for free so watched the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian ; it's pretty cool very in keeping with the look of the OG trilogy. Felt sorry for the poor space rhino in episode 2, those jawas are EVIL!!

Comment

Watched this last night and almost turned it off after the first few songs but im glad i stuck with it. as i found it sucked me in the more i watched it. He wrote, produced, filmed and edited this Netflix special over lock-down and its a fantastic achievement for one person. Bits of it really stuck with me too. don't go in expecting lots of laughs as it gets quite weird in places, id highly recommend it though.

With electro-pop social commentary, bleak humour and sock-puppet debates, the comic delivers an astonishing lockdown creation

Last edited by Lebowski; 02-06-2021, 14:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          Watched this last night and almost turned it off after the first few songs but im glad i stuck with it. as i found it as it sucked me in the more i watched it

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...review-netflix
          I was planning to watch Inside today but decided to re-watch his previous show, Make Happy. That one is glorious.

I’ll try and see Inside this weekend if I have some alone time.

Comment

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous Season 03
            A step up from the second season and it dovetails well into the movie canon again by exploring more of Wu's experiment work (leading to the creepy new dino variant) and also nicely briefly revisiting the Jurassic Park Visitor's Centre and kitchen in a moment that would have been a shame to see wasted. The season also links through to the opening of Fallen Kingdom so if it continues we'll be moving past the destruction of Isla Nubar. There are still a few unanswered questions and to be honest the easiest way forward would be to end up on Isla Sorna and to start picking the thread of how unlikely Kingdom's explanation of the island no longer carrying life on it is. It's way too involving for a kids show.

Comment

Star Trek: Discovery Season 03
              A success and a failure in equal measure this one. The show still looks stunning, the episodes as well are still good as well with this new season clearly targeted at reorienting the show away from its old concept. The set up is solid as well, the idea of Starfleet being decimated and seen almost like the enemy to most worlds is interesting when the Discovery is inserted which still runs and adheres to the principles of it. Michael gets a mountain ton of development as well borderline being a new character at times. But... where the show fails is in delivering on the scenario. Now that the show takes place nearly 1000 years into the future, so around 7-800 years after Next Gen era and so is the furthest we've gone, it means surging the visual representation of the Star Trek universe forward. Ultimately though this is underdelivered though as future technology seems mostly restricted to being able to teleport whenever you like (except when you'd think they'd use it), starship nacelles being detached for extra maneuverability that is never used and corridors looking about the same as they do in the recent Star Trek movies. Given how the show already looked this is somewhat understandable, the writers have clearly struggled with advancing technology and also keeping plots held together without future stuff breaking the plots all the time but most critically the main missed opportunity is that Discovery is now a working starship that is nearly 1,000 years older than everything it encounters. This is like a modern warship battling a Viking longboat. Not here though, Discovery has no real issue holding its own and shortly after is retrofitted too (like retrofitting a Viking boat to tackle that warship). Not only that but it's still the most wanted ship in the universe because in a thousand years no progress has been made with warp technology so everyone still wants the spore drive. It's such a missed opportunity to have Discovery really be up against the odds, trying to survive in a hostile space where the odds are massively against it. That's really the only reason I came away from the third season a little disappointed, what's here is good but the writers took the easiest way out.

Comment

I watched a real curiosity the other night - an episode of The Tortellis. Remember Cheers? Remember the spin-off show? No, not Frasier. The first spin-off. That's the Tortellis. It's about Nick, Carla's ex husband, and his wife Loretta who were both seen quite a bit on Cheers. They got their own family sitcom that ran for a season.

It is truly, truly awful.

There is an episode of it on YouTube with Norm and Cliff guest starring and it's really bad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I quite fancy this. Can I go in with little knowledge of the films?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I quite fancy this. Can I go in with little knowledge of the films?
                      You really can!

There's a clever section where they recap Loki's greatest hits with him and it's a good recap of his character.

The Loki we see here is from right at the end of The Avengers, so he was the main bad guy in that.

He hasn't had the redemption arc of the other films, so it'll be interesting to see nature/nurture at play.

He basically wants to rule the world and then beyond, but he's challenged on that, so it's really interesting to see how it'll play out.

It also looks great and has a decent amount of chuckles along the way.

Comment

Ace, I'll dive. Cheers buddy

Comment

Enjoyed the backend of the first Loki episode, first two thirds moved too slowly but hopefully it's just because it was covering so much we already know.

Comment

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 01
                            I mean, yeah, this is just kind of... there. The main issue is parodying Star Trek has already been done to death elsewhere and to much better effect. The idea behind the show is sound and actually somewhat of a wasted opportunity here because Star Trek often has a somewhat utopian view of itself but can't see past the bridge crew and the ships. Everyone's happy, loves opera in their spare time etc but the reality is many would still have really scubby roles so having that side of the coin finally explored would genuinely be interesting but because this is animated comedy it's glossed over a lot. It'll definitely need more to it to be worth sticking with.

Comment

I forgot to say we finished Community (Netflix).
                              It's been really fun to watch, with some great characters, but the occasional surreal episode became the norm by the end and it was hard to know what you were watching.

We found it was a great, light, 20 minute slice of fun to watch whilst you eat your tea before taking the kids to bed!

I love complex, layered, subtitled, mind-bending sci-fi, but sometimes you need something fun, funny and short!

Comment

I enjoyed a bit of an unexpected treat last night with episode 1 of Clarkson's Farm. It's nothing brilliant, but it's a nice easy way to switch off with a few genuine belly laughs.

Comment

Working...
                                X