This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great description!

I couldn’t pace myself with season 1 but I’ve only seen the first episode of season 2. Also, these new ones are releasing weekly so I’ve no choice but to pace myself

Comment

The Expanse: Season 05
      I'd heard this season was a lot stronger than the fourth and it was but it was still short of the shows peak. I get the temptation to flesh out characters by focusing on them but anytime a show has decided to keep its primary cast seperated it has always weakened the show and it's the same here. All four spend the season apart with maybe around 1-2 minutes shared screen time across 10 episodes and so it feels like the characters don't move along much because any events or revelations only happen to those in the know. The big moments land strong though and hopefully the final run will recapture the peak era.

Comment

Really enjoyed Mare of Easttown. Very good small-town murder mystery.

Comment

Lost in Space: Season 02
          If I didn't know the next season was the last this would likely be a show I'd drop. I think the issue is that fundamentally the concept of the show is just too limited, there's no suspense and the scenario's are always pretty tiresome. There's a slickness to the quality of the visuals etc but there's a thousand issues with the concept, set up and plotting that make the show feel a bit vapid and like it's just going through the motions.

Comment

I wish Netflix would do a show called Media Ninja.

It’s a fly-on-the-wall documentary about Neon’s ability to:

- play every game
            - watch every series
            - watch every film
            - post dozens of news updates on a forum

whilst..

- being married
            - having kids
            - having a job.

We need to know the secrets. I hope it’s not a time turner. That’s a bit predictable.

Comment

Yeah, I don't quite get how that is possible and I think we'd probably be disappointed with the reveal. It has to be a trick of some sort.

Comment

He’s a Chronodroid from the future.

He creates a bubble around himself that slows down time. He can watch all that stuff in real-time, but for the rest of us, only 30 seconds have elapsed. The kids are droids, too. The wife isn’t. That’s the twist. She’s the Neon droid’s owner. A scientist from the future, conducting a study of an event related tenuously to a future cataclysm: the breakdown of society caused by a bunch of forumites trying to replicate Neon droid’s media consumption habits. It causes a domino effect. Oh yeah, it’s a time paradox, too.

Comment

Laugh is from my own perspective it's really dropped off on all fronts hard

I've not been playing anything in the mornings like I used to because A-I've been heavily bored by the Switch's lineup and B-I've been working on... something... else... and the same at night when everyone goes to be bed because I'm too tired. Me and the missus have been really slowed down too often watching films in 3-4 parts because we've spent every night for the last eight weeks watching, um, Love Island. A lot has rested on very short games and picking at stuff via my phone on lunch breaks, waiting for the kids etc. When Love Island ends on Monday, oh, the flood gates shall open... oh yes.

Comment

Photos of Neon’s posting farm surfaced online a while ago:

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      I wish Netflix would do a show called Media Ninja.

It’s a fly-on-the-wall documentary about Neon’s ability to:

- play every game
                      - watch every series
                      - watch every film
                      - post dozens of news updates on a forum

whilst..

- being married
                      - having kids
                      - having a job.

We need to know the secrets. I hope it’s not a time turner. That’s a bit predictable.
                      He's got a Dragon Ball hyperbolic time chamber.

Comment

The Handmaid's Tale: Season 4 finally finished last night, and I have the longest list of complaints about where the series has gone and what it's doing now. It has already over-run its course by some stretch, and yet there is a fifth season coming, which of course I'm going to end up watching anyway because to heck with sunk cost fallacies, and very likely I'm going to be in here moaning about when it's all finished up. There's still some brilliant performances and photography, but so many plot points are chipping away at its believability and impact, and it's now so far detached from what made the book so compelling.

We've also watched through Cruel Summer, which is... not good. The idea of each episode focusing a particular set of days across each of the three consecutive years that the story covers is actually quite interesting, however having to make not just the wardrobes but the whole damned colour palette so distinctive in each (1995 is practically monochrome!) in an effort to help you keep up is a little patronising. Lots of teen melodrama set in a small suburban town where everyone has secrets, yet the key mystery at the heart of it all isn't very mysterious, and if anything, is rather creepily under-played. Tries a bit hard with the nostalgia factor too - there's lots of breathy, acoustic guitar covers of period-relevant pop/rock hits, which I guess will appeal more to some than others.
                        Last edited by fuse; 23-08-2021, 11:35.

Comment

Wellington Paranormal: Season 01
                          Essentially a comedy that blends those ITV/Channel 5 dash cam/handheld camera cop shows with the paranormal. Each episode has the two leads, Minogue and Learey, investigating a different monster or event as part of their normal beat. Both a somewhat clueless with Learey easily the most amusing of the two as she veers her performace a little less towards dopey and a more toward the type we got in Flight of the Conchords. There aren't memorable key moments, but the chain of good will it builds and momentum keep it light and enjoyable. As this was the first season of three hopefully the later ones refine it more as it's decent fun.

Comment

Centaurworld: Season 01
                            Netflix's latest animated series about a Rider and her Horse who travel a battle torn wasteland fending off the endless armies that have ravaged the land. It opens just as they're trying to escape an onslaught and Horse slips off a cliff edge, she emerges in Centaurworld which is populated by bright weird centaurs in a different art style. A group help her journey to collect keys to get back to her own world as she's slowly changed by the new world she's in. It's a weird blend of very light with dark and looks set to arc two to three seasons at least. It's another one of those shows like Arlo that looks outright daft but has a deeper core, such as an episode that effectively covers the subject of suicide in a way kids could still digest. Odd but very likeable.

Comment

Rick and Morty: Season 05
                              Better than the fourth run but that one wasn't anywhere near as bad as fans moan about. This was a solid run too, only really losing momentum towards the back end a little where plot overtook jokes as the priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Rick and Morty: Season 05
                                Better than the fourth run but that one wasn't anywhere near as bad as fans moan about. This was a solid run too, only really losing momentum towards the back end a little where plot overtook jokes as the priority.
                                I watched the penultimate episode last night and really enjoyed it. Thought all the crow stuff was great!

Comment

Working...
                                X