X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    it's becoming hard to imagine they'll mess it up now
    Don't jinx it! You know, because of the nature of the show, I feel they get away with a lot. I don't think they actually have to do much to either keep it going or wrap it up.

Comment

Yep, the only thing that when it came up I felt a slight pang over was the whole set up for Mexico. I'm hoping it's brief and doesn't do what shows often do by introducing an unnecessary sideplot/villain unrelated to the past films. Just needs to be brief, keeping it about Johnny and Miguel.

Comment

Started Stay Close (Netflix) with the missus.
        Police drama with James Nesbitt.
        Pretty decent so far, but at the moment, it feels like everybody is related to the crime in one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Yep, the only thing that when it came up I felt a slight pang over was the whole set up for Mexico. I'm hoping it's brief and doesn't do what shows often do by introducing an unnecessary sideplot/villain unrelated to the past films. Just needs to be brief, keeping it about Johnny and Miguel.
          Yep. Miguel had very much lost his mojo this season and didn't really get featured much. I guess they had a lot going on and introduced new characters too but I'd love to see him back in the spotlight.

Related, the season 4 soundtrack gets released on Friday and it comes in two parts. One set is just for those epic final two episodes and the other release is for episodes 1-8. Looking forward to it.

Comment

More Dexter New Blood as the series draws to a conclusion. Hope this isn't a one-off ... it's been a reet treat. Also watched the first ep of Book of Boba Fett. It has promise but the one thing I struggle with is the main character, he just lacks any charisma or menace or anything. For now anyway. I'll be sticking with it either way. Also watched the first ep of Hawkeye (while I was on D+) and while no great Marvel fan I thought it was great. The tone was spot on ... and who doesn't love a Christmassy New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Yep. Miguel had very much lost his mojo this season and didn't really get featured much. I guess they had a lot going on and introduced new characters too but I'd love to see him back in the spotlight.

Related, the season 4 soundtrack gets released on Friday and it comes in two parts. One set is just for those epic final two episodes and the other release is for episodes 1-8. Looking forward to it.
              Miguel looked like he’d piled some clem on this season. Next year he may even be the size of Penis Breath.

Comment

Agree with everyone here about kobra kai. Absolutely love it. Fave moment? When Johnny says

no be there

Comment

Not doing this just to be a contrarian I swear, but I'm not quite as sold on Cobra Kai. I would agree that it's lighthearted, easy watching, and that there's value in that - we watched about 5 episodes in one night, so clearly I can't argue that it's not compelling, either. Particularly as it's got further on though, the whole pantomime of it has just gotten fairly repetitive and yet progressively more daft. I'm still going to watch the next season though, so what do I know.

Comment

Contrarian ^^^^

Comment

Getting back into The Walking Dead. Four episodes into season 11 and loving it so far.

Seen three episodes of Cobra Kai season 4. I watched the whole of season 3 last Thursday so I'm taking it real slow with season 4.
                      Last edited by randombs; 06-01-2022, 01:46.

Comment

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 15
                        Ropey season this one. It's more on the nose because so much has happened between seasons that they can't just ignore and despite the delay in the shows release they've had to work around COVID resulting in some horrific quality blue screening and filming styles. It wobbles for four episodes before commencing a four episode arc in Ireland. The writing largely improves from that point onward except they decided to do this arc when they could film there for just one episode resulting in even more bad effect work. That being said, it pays off for Charlie and being so far into its life now it's nice that very slowly it's getting around to giving each character an emotion beat that adds some context to their lives. Hopefully the next season won't be so affected by things.

Comment

Reminds me I must get back into Cobra Kai.

I finished Emily in Paris S2 last week - for some reason I absolutely love this show.

I'm part way through S1 of House as well, yeah I'm behind the times. Hugh Laurie is a dead set legend. Though I keep waiting for Prince George to emerge at any time

Comment

Oh and my most anticipated show this year would have to be Baymax! it looks SO GOOD!

Comment

I finished Dexter New Blood this week. After the awful state in which the original show ended it’s been an unexpected treat. I’ve looked forward to watching week after week.

Also watched Toast of Tinseltown which was very funny. More abstract than normal, almost straying into Boosh territory, but great fun with a great cast of characters.

And a couple of eps into Alma’s Not Normal. It’s comedy rooted in harsh reality done really well. The writing and performances are top notch. Well worth a look.

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              I'm part way through S1 of House as well, yeah I'm behind the times. Hugh Laurie is a dead set legend. Though I keep waiting for Prince George to emerge at any time
                              I thought Hugh was brilliant as Doctor House. The show was super formulaic but always enjoyable because of him.
                              Last edited by Atticus; 12-01-2022, 10:14.

Comment

I recently re-watched the last few seasons of House, and yeah, I still get a lot out of it. You're right, it is formulaic as hell, and its attempts at an over-arching story often don't work so great, but the moment-to-moment is still very enjoyable.

Watched Maid (Netflix) recently. It's called Maid, but the main character's work as a maid is a relatively small part of the drama - a means to try and rebuild some independence for her and her young daughter after a desperate exit from an abusive relationship with an alcoholic partner. It is a bleak watch for the most part, with painstaking reminders of just how hard the odds are stacked against even the most eager folks trying to build up from nothing, with further misfortunes telegraphed a mile off that you then have to watch unfold in excruciating detail, and an array of similarly desperate and troubled supporting characters. There was one episode in particular that I took issue with where the main character makes what I felt was a series of out-of-character choices, and there's pity heaped upon another character that detracted a little from the point of what's going on - but aside from that I thought it was a good, if heart-wrenching watch. Andie Macdowell as the protagonist's mother is particularly fantastic, and only now upon looking it up do I find out that they *actually mother and daughter in real life*. Crikey.

Comment

Working...
                                X