This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    Reminds me I must get back into Cobra Kai.

I finished Emily in Paris S2 last week - for some reason I absolutely love this show.

I'm part way through S1 of House as well, yeah I'm behind the times. Hugh Laurie is a dead set legend. Though I keep waiting for Prince George to emerge at any time
    Loved House - watched all series on Freeview at least twice.

Try The Good Doctor - second series currently being shown on the Freeview channel Pick at 9pm on Sunday evenings. Occasionally comes dangerously close, for my taste, to chick medical TV eg. Greys Anatomy but, usually, harder edged, less focused on the doctors' love lives.

Comment

I Know What You Did Last Summer
      End it two episodes earlier with a predictable but logical killer and this would have scraped passable despite some cringe worthy teen drama. But it ran two episodes too long and tried to be clever in its final reveal, one that utterly destroyed the series because it was so dumb and required far too much logic leaping.

Comment

Stay Close on Netflix - I'm not sure what prompted this being suggested (I think my girlfriend likes the main actress?) but it was a total flop. With the writer's name - Harlan Coben - being touted so prominently I figured it'd be competently written, but... no. It's littered with daft unconvincing characters, sloppy coincidences, and the need to drop cliffhangers and major revelations at the end of each episode that just totally undermines it. Viewer warning: this show contains strong language, scenes of a violent nature, and an extended dance sequence set to a cover of Radiohead's Creep.

Two shows have dropped into the coveted sub-30m, light-hearted "stick one on" category lately. Bob's Burgers (S11) is still daft - in a fabulous way - and keeps me entertained. Some of the best jokes are so obscure and subtle that I wonder about all of the others that I'm missing. Comparatively The Golden Girls has a laugh track that I found really jarring at first. We've mainly had it on to scratch my partner's nostalgia itch, but as someone who's never watched it before it's pretty fun for something on in the background that does garner the odd laugh.
        Last edited by fuse; 17-01-2022, 12:34.

Comment

Behind the Monsters
          Six eps each focused on a different horror franchise. An entertaining watch but no new info to gleam from it

Comment

The Grand Tour: Carnage a Trois
            Much weaker than the previous eps, very much a cheap going through the motions job

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              The Grand Tour: Carnage a Trois
              Much weaker than the previous eps, very much a cheap going through the motions job
              I think it's still hobbled by pandemic restrictions but I enjoyed it more than the Scotland one with the American cars. And I thought it was a LOT better than the Top Gear Christmas Spesh ... the most bland and weak ep I've ever seen.

Comment

Yep, it needs some grandness injecting back into it and some properly out there focus as otherwise there's not much point in it as we've seen so much of it before

Comment

Currently watching Yellowjackets. It's about a girls football team in the 90s whose flight to a big game crashes in the wilderness, and tells the story of everyone involved by jumping about in time before and after the crash, and also to the survivors in 2021. Fans of nostalgia and era-appropriate soundtracks will get a kick out of its take on the 90s, and there's a big ol' dollop of mystery and suspense around what happened in the time spent in the wilderness, nicely framed by the situations of the characters in '21.

I am 6 episodes in so far, enjoying it a lot, and am finding it very hard not to make a joke about sticking the landing.

Comment

Expanse. Finished last episode today. Not sure what to make of the ending, it was satisfactory in the context of the series but I feel there’s too many threads left undone. I take it the books carry on well past this point?

Comment

I haven't watched Season 6 yet but apparently there are three books that go beyond it but they pick up events 30 years later

Comment

I figured as much, might have to read the books then as the tv show is done for good apparently.

Comment

Woah the last episode of Seal Team....not like this.gif

Comment

For whatever reason I had never heard of The Sinner before. I'm halfway through S1 it's great. Funny thing in certain scenes Bill Pullman looks eerily like Robin Williams. Anyway Pullman and Biel are excellent.

Comment

Been watching Reacher (via Prime).
                              Everybody seems to love it, but I'm underwhelmed.
                              Maybe it's because I kinda remember what's happening after listening to the audiobook, or maybe it's because I got bored with the character. He's as deep as a puddle.
                              He's an infallible tramp hobo.
                              He's right about everything, ever and never loses a fight or an arguement.
                              I like the detective element, but a lot of it is him just instinctively knowing what anyone would do.

Well, it's watchable, but it doesn't help that I was bored of the character before starting.

Looks more like the Reacher from the books than Tom Cruise, but I thought the two TC films were decent.

I do hope they don't call the second season of that new Jack Reacher on Prime "Reacher Round 2" people might get the wrong idea.

Comment

Finished watching The Witcher season 2. Much better than 1, I think, although the Witcher himself now - and his bird the mardy sorceress - have become fairly uninteresting side characters and Ciri has come to the fore. All basically following the standard post-Tolkien fantasy template of adding in swearing and boobs. All dwarves are still Scottish by default and all Elves are, in the words of Terry Pratchett, still "up to something".

Comment

Working...
                                X