Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting the third episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I’m enjoying it very much.

Comment

Still enjoying Aussie series on My5/5Star: Wanted - final episode of the first series next week and its all coming together very nicely.

Last edited by fallenangle; 17-06-2022, 12:13.

Comment

I'm struggling with Obi Wan ; the

lightsaber fight was basically a cripple fight ; yeah Ben has gone from a dude who took down Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin to a pathetic wretch.

Comment

Watched the first episode of Succession. Yes I am very late to the party. I'm sorry to say that I shan't be going on to episode 2. There is not one likeable character to be found. I like back stabbing, conniving, power plays and general nastiness as much as anyone but there has to be something or someone that is a counterpoint (for example Kayce Dutton in Yellowstone). Watching the MurdochRoy family in action was not enjoyable in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
            Watched the first episode of Succession. Yes I am very late to the party. I'm sorry to say that I shan't be going on to episode 2. There is not one likeable character to be found. I like back stabbing, conniving, power plays and general nastiness as much as anyone but there has to be something or someone that is a counterpoint (for example Kayce Dutton in Yellowstone). Watching the MurdochRoy family in action was not enjoyable in the slightest.
            My mates were gushing about this, but I felt the same way as you after about 3 episodes.
            I need someone to cheer for and this series has no-one.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              My mates were gushing about this, but I felt the same way as you after about 3 episodes.
              I need someone to cheer for and this series has no-one.
              Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Succession - decently made, but just not something I can find any enjoyment in. All of the laughs I got out of it were more like awkward scoffs in total incredulity at how awful everyone is. Dropped after a couple of episodes.
              Go team!

Comment

Comment

I have, however, got time for Stranger Things.
                  I was worried it was running out of steam and early doors, it's leaning heavily into Nightmare on Elm Street territory, it even has Robert Englund in it!

However, it's been a great story and expansion of the strong character set from S3.

I find that the 80s references and paranormal story are at the forefront, but bloody hell, the direction by Shawn Levy is brilliant.
                  Even throwaway shots like a van driving are put together in an interesting way, but there are some really interesting shots like comparing events simultaneously happening.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Go team!
                    Add me too. I had the exact same response to the first episode. Just a lot of horrible people I didn't care about and wouldn't want to watch.

Comment

I'm struggling with Obi Wan ; the

lightsaber fight was basically a cripple fight ; yeah Ben has gone from a dude who took down Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin to a pathetic wretch.
                      I agree. It was a weirdly lethargic scene but keep at it - it’ll be worth it!

Finished Obi Wan and it was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        I agree. It was a weirdly lethargic scene but keep at it - it’ll be worth it!

Finished Obi Wan and it was brilliant.
                        Funnily enough I really liked the next episode ; one more to go!

The problem is on one hand you have super cool stuff like

darth vader holding back the space ship and crushing it

but doesn't use his power to

obliterate a feeble Ben

Anyway it is finding some redemption in my eyes

I am eagerly awaiting Baymax

Comment

Watched the Paramount+ taster episode of Halo on C5.

Enjoyable enough but it would not persuade me to sign up to the service just to watch it.

Felt the same way about Game Of Thrones the first two episodes which were shown on a Freeview channel (Virgin?) the same weekend it first started. Still haven't seen any more since then.

I waited over ten years for Pacific, the sister series to Band of Brothers, to be broadcast on Freeview and that was actually a bit anti-climatic when it happened as it was nowhere near as good as its sibling had been and still remains.

Comment

Stranger Things gets worse with each series. Episodes are boringly long, too many characters are off on side quests, and the cringy teen romances offer no depth.

Obi Wan? More like Obi Wank. Terribly lazy writing riddled with stupid plot conveniences. Par for the course with Star Wars of late. McGregor deserved better.

Succession is a masterpiece.

Comment

Finished Umberlla academy season 3 over the weekend Brilliant as always, really interesting characters and answered loads of questions about the Umbrella academy universe as a whole. Any scene with Klaus is always hilarious, Luther plays the big lovable dope brilliantly this season, and Number Five plays a brilliant psychopath / brains of the group. How they dealt with the transition from Vanya to Viktor felt tactfully done and not super in your face, i know a lot of people where not happy but then your never gonna please everyone. Overall a brilliant season that barreled along at a decent pace and kept things interesting, cant wait for season 4.

The Boys Season 3 well this started with a Bang, Jesus Christ that scene with the tiny guy had me doubled over how they an get away with some of the scenes in this show i will never know (if you've seen episode one you will know what im on about) some hilarious scenes so far the gun show scene was a fantastic social commentary on Americas gun culture and proably explains why this season getting so much backlash online, the rest of the world can see it but their are endless comments online about the boys being woke and too left leaning from angry Americans.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 27-06-2022, 14:50.

Comment

For a variety of reasons, the first time making a full rewatch since it first aired:

The Haunting of Hill House
                                God damn this is still good

Comment

Working...
                                X