Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great series, great jumper. If you get the chance to watch The Bridge (Swedish/Danish detective series), that's three seasons' worth of very good too.

Comment

Always wanted to watch that. Also need to finish Wisting.

Comment

The last episodes of Bojack Horseman came online last Friday, and despite best efforts to pace myself, they were gone by Saturday.

It's been a fantastic series.
        Last edited by fuse; 10-02-2020, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          The last episodes of Bojack Horsemen came online last Friday, and despite best efforts to pace myself, they were gone by Saturday.

It's been a fantastic series.
          Same here. Some of the best animated TV I’ve seen. A few slack episodes at the beginning of the final season, but it recovered well by the end, particularly the penultimate episode.

Comment

I’m up to episode 6 of Wisting QC and it’s excellent, we’ll worth watching. Not sure what direction it’s going in now though...

Comment

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Season 01
              For fans I imagine this is pure mana, it's incredibly faithful to the imagery and tone of the film. For me, it benefits from some modern day advancements in effects (apparently some of the robotics in the Gelflings is now handled by Wiimotes) but it's still very simplistic in terms of story which isn't helped by it being a prequel so for me it would have worked better as an event series rather than something intended to run for multiple years as it can get very samey and padded in places. I'll check out Season 02 when it hits but I'm not sure how long a journey I'd want with this.

Comment

I watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it. I'll have to watch the rest now.
                Is Disney + worth getting?

Comment

Watched the recent Barrymore doc. Remind me not to take a swim in his pool.

Comment

Black Lightning: Season 01
                    Taken a long time to get around to watching this and in the end it was kind of alright. Some of the character stuff is well done, especially the parts that relate to how Black Lightning functions within a small neighbourhood and what his presence and previous absence means to the local community. He's very much not a world saving giant which makes a change from much of the usual CW superhero stuff, on the flip side it means things are so low key that frankly not very much happens. It's only the first run and in present day they're wrapping up the third season so we'll see how it expands as it goes on.

Comment

Anyone watched Tidelands on Netflix? I'm hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Anyone watched Tidelands on Netflix? I'm hooked.
                        No, what's it about, Chaz?

Watched the first episode of The Stranger (Netflix) and it's an intriguing premise. Great first episode.
                        I hope it has momentum.

Comment

It's about hot chicks getting naked. Wait, no. It's about drugs, murder, gore, mermaids/sirens. Australian thing. 18 rated.

Comment

Midnight Diner on Netflix.

Just a wonderfully, lazily-paced, beautifully filmed 24 minutes long episodes of light J-Drama.

Only 2 seasons on Netflix so far but there are 5 in total plus a couple of movies which is like to track down.

Comment

Burning through Final Space. I thought it was going to be obnoxious with the main character but I actually love it. Pretty much every character is standout as well.

Comment

After seeing that Barrymore doc, I got hooked on hunting clues. I remembered when it happened, it was totally brushed away as nowt. It was a bit odd but nobody cared afterward.

His dad kept it all going. After nearly 20yrs. I bet they hate him...but this is the dodgiest unexplored case.

But I have to say I never realised such massive damage to an arse occurred, how much the intestines got ripped up.

It's ridiculous. Proper scandalous!!!

One rule for us, one rule for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X