• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Office: Season 04
    Into the peak runs now, still...

Comment

The Last Kingdom S3 via Netflix.
      They seem to like the lead character chasing the ladies, so they seem to kill his women off so he's free to be a lover boy again.

Aside from that, it's been a great show to watch together. It's almost farcical how he ends up in these scrapes and always pledging allegiance to King Alfred.

We're enjoying watching it together and there are some fun character to cheer/boo at.

Comment

I know one of the actors in that show! But I've never seen it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I know one of the actors in that show! But I've never seen it...
          Is it the guy with the beard?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Is it the guy with the beard?
            That's him!

Comment

I didn't like season 1 of the the new Twilight Zone, but season 2 is much better. The creators have gone for a dark, spooky vibe this time, and it really appeals to me. I've watched five episodes so far and all of them were entertaining. A couple really impressed me.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up - I didn’t know this was out. I enjoyed about 50% of the first season, and there were only really a couple of duds, so I’ll be hunting it down tonight.

[edit] watched the first four episodes now and enjoyed them all. The series seems to have found its tone.
                Last edited by gordon; 06-07-2020, 08:48.

Comment

Finished all of The Twilight Zone now. Better than the first season - I didn't think there were any really weak stories. Even the last one, which felt a bit off for the first 20 minutes, ended the season nicely. I'm hoping they continue to make more epjsodes, as I've really enjoyed what they've done so far.

Comment

Ju-On Origins: six half-hour episodes currently showing on Netflix. I intended to watch one before going to bed last night, but ended up watching four. It fools you into thinking it’s quite a tame series with spooky ghosts, but there are moments of shocking brutality and horror there too. The narrative is slightly confusing in places (or I was too tired), but overall it’s a great effort.

Comment

Gangs of London: Season 01
                      I was wary of this at first given the concept and only really gave it a go because it's by the guy who made The Raid. You can definitely feel the same vibe at times and it being a UK TV series for Sky has not watered down the action at all with some solid brutality at times. There's a lot more downtime given it's a series but each episode tries to get some action in and the fifth episode in particular was great. Intrigued to see how the second season pans out and it's a shame it's a few years out, this is a show potentially built for [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Comment

Just as well you didn’t give it your usual ‘lukewarm at best’ assessment, or Gareth Evans would have glassed you in the nuts.

Comment

Community

Not sure if the wife will take to it, considering all the references, but she likes Ken Jeong so maybe it's worth a try. Either way, I just watched four episodes in a row while working from home(right now there's a lot of slight code changes followed by minutes of waiting around so I'm not slacking. Promise!)

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Gangs of London: Season 01
                            I was wary of this at first given the concept and only really gave it a go because it's by the guy who made The Raid. You can definitely feel the same vibe at times and it being a UK TV series for Sky has not watered down the action at all with some solid brutality at times. There's a lot more downtime given it's a series but each episode tries to get some action in and the fifth episode in particular was great. Intrigued to see how the second season pans out and it's a shame it's a few years out, this is a show potentially built for @QualityChimp
                            Cheers Supes, Neon. The only thing stopping me from watching this is that I don't have a Sky/NowTV subscription, although I've thought about getting a pass just to watch this!

I recently listened to the Kung Fu Movie Podcast with Gareth Evans and it's a joy to listen to him enthusing about cinema.
                            He makes reference to that fifth episode as pushing the boundaries as to what you can do in television.
                            He sounds like he'd be great to go for a pint with, talking about films you've seen or recommend.
                            “It’s such a privilege to be able to call what we do a career, and to call it a job. It’s absolutely insane.”

Comment

We finished the third season of Last Kingdom on Netflix.
                              Another good series with the usual testing of friendships and peace treaties.
                              Last episode was great with some characters saying things they should have said years ago and badduns getting their comeuppance.

There's one more series available, but there's a fifth planned.

Comment

Dark: Season 03
                                It's never easy wrapping up a storyline based on what Dark's is but the third season gives it a go. It's ending is... flawed but they wrap up an impressive amount. It's the weaker of the three seasons as it goes too hard on the science in science fiction, obsessed with explaining itself and making sure every plot point is covered but in doing so leaves a lot less time for character moments. An impressive run though overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X