Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you watch three seasons of a comedy that you haven’t found funny? Really? Be more ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      On the verge of permanently giving up on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, three seasons and there hasn't been one funny moment. It's a Sandberg comedy vehicle set to the absolute safest, generic comedy setting ever where every character is two dimensional and basically each one joke on auto-repeat per episode. It's been consistently pedestrian and predictable and given I'm far enough into where its popularity had set in I feel it's safe to assume the following seasons are no different.
      If I’d had one more beer tonight d have banned you for that statement. The ‘99 is fantastic. You must be doing it wrong.

Comment

4 episodes in and enjoying Queen’s Gambit quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Why would you watch three seasons of a comedy that you haven’t found funny? Really? Be more ruthless.
          It's been over a very, very long period of time. I watched S01 back when it first aired or thereabouts, S02... in the last year or two. Curiosity tends to nab me again when something becomes so enduring, sometimes a show grows into itself with time. B99 is one episode on repeat though.

Comment

Look at me all up with the times for once watching the new episode of The Mandalorian. The new season opener is another Jon Favreau penned and directed episode with loads of fan service and guest stars. Enjoyable episode with seemingly a bit more use of The Child for comedy as you see his reactions to things. Looks fantastic for a TV series too.

Comment

It was a good episode but I found it to be unnecessary long. I like the shorter format of that show so I hope the rest of the season is a bit shorter.

Comment

The Queen's Gambit. Really liked it.

Truth Seekers. Really didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Truth Seekers. Really didn't like it.
                  I turned it off after around 20 minutes. Wasn't digging it at all.

Comment

Been watching Kim's Convivence on Netflix and loving it. Gentle comedy that goes quite deep at times. When Apa tears up then throws out an insult makes it feel so real.

Comment

Been rinsing Friday Night Dinner. Never heard of it until a week or two ago but I love it, it has me in stitches a lot of the time.

Comment

The Crown - We just finished Season 4. Fantastic and Gillian Anderson as Thatcher is amazing and terrifying at the same time in the role.

Unrelated we plan to watch the Queen's gambit this week as so many people have recommended it.

Comment

Stargirl: Season 01
                          I thought this was going to be too cheesy for its own good when it starts but it actually does a good job of doling out its story and paying off some elements as it goes.

The End of the F****** World: Series 01
                          Not quite sure how the second series will follow up suitably but initially I was cold to this but as it goes on and explores the characters more it picked up really nicely. Hope the second run doesn't upend the cart.

Supernatural: Season 15
                          Fifteen years of story and whilst I wouldn't call it bad I think the last season is a bit of a non-starter as it never really delivers on the scale of the set up and the ending has the best of intentions but fumbles the ball and feels unsatisfying which is a great shame to happen after so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            Unrelated we plan to watch the Queen's gambit this week as so many people have recommended it.
                            Same. Getting some good buzz, but it finally got my attention when I heard it's the same writer/director as Godless, which was top-tier TV. I even watched the final episode a couple of times, it was that momentous.

Comment

Long way up, I really loved Long way around and to a lesser extent long way down. So was looking forward to Long way up but watched 4 episodes so far and tbh the bikes they chose the electric bikes was not the best idea as with the issues they have and fact the tech is really not where it needs to be is really taking away from the program. I hope it becomes less of a issue in later episodes.

But also the fact they seem to have a team following them because of the bikes took away some of the feeling of a road trip
                              Last edited by eastyy; 28-11-2020, 17:01.

Comment

Yeah they stop mentioning it when they get further north. I loved it. When watching long way round and down last year I kept saying how I would love a new series in HD. Then along came Long way Up

Comment

Working...
                                X