This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer him as a comic actor.

All that "I wrote Dr Who books" rubbish makes him look weak.

He's Hilary Briss. And that bald, old bingo caller who fell in love with a Thai ladyboy who died.

I'm not a great fan of his presentage but he's a very fine comedy actor.

Comment

Mr Chinnery disembowelling a cow accidentally FTW!!!!!!

Comment

Final Space: Season 02
        Really growing to love this show. S2 probably isn't quite as strong as the first run which had a more overall arc with more dramatic beats but S2 is more focused on fleshing out the characters. Good stuff.

Comment

I'm on my way to see Spaced at The BFI with a Q&A session with Edgar Wright and the stars afterwards.

Preeeetty psyched!

Comment

I'm in the services en route to London, it's on tomorrow, to clarify.

Comment

Sick of It series 2.

Better balanced than the last one. Rarely laugh out loud funny, more absorbing and amusing than anything else. They remind me of theatre comedies for some reason. Perhaps due to the paucity of machine-gun laughs in favour of gentle characterisation in relatable scenarios.

In some respects, it’s like a companion piece to Afterlife. A muse on everyday life through the eyes of an everyday loser. It’s a testament to Karl Pilkington’s blossoming skill that it’s comparable. The episodes are tight and don’t have the extremes of sledgehammer saccharine or nastiness that Gervais’ vehicle did. It’s a more measured production - which works both to its strength and to its detriment. Episode 5, for example, features a scene that should carry more weight. And yet, the subtlety of Karl’s feelings developing for someone is nicely written and performed.

Pilkington is developing into a decent actor, too. Yes, it’s a version of himself, but it’s never overplayed or a caricature. Plus, he plays two subtlety different versions of himself.

I liked it. 8/10 for me.

Comment

NCIS

It’s easy to power through multiple episodes, and there’s seventeen seasons so it’ll last us ages.

Comment

Agents of SHIELD: Season 05
                  What was this? Never ever try to make a sci-fi season unless you have any semblence of budget for it. Utter drivel from start to end, it's small wonder they cut the season lengths in half after this one. I've often heard about the uplift in quality AoS had in later seasons but really it never did, if anything they changed it into something unrecognisable and much worse than it started as.

Comment

Mr Robot. Series 3. Flips from super cool to Wtf every ten minutes

Comment

Creepshow: Season 01
                      Short run but kind of almost didn't make it. There's elements of appeal but some of the stories are really poor as well, I think the pick n mix aspect of not knowing what the next story will be like is what kept us going. We'll try the second season when it comes out but quality control is needed on this.

Comment

Stranger Things Season 3.
                        Yeah, I really liked it again. I think it's lost a little of the darker edge from the first series with all the boy/girl fried bants and the like.
                        Seemed to flip from "boys are gross/girls are unfathomable" japes to people bursting and melting together.
                        I think it's the fact there are only seemingly 10 people in Hawkins, so everything happens to them.

I definitely think

Hopper is alive. You don't see him evaporate like the scientists in the room. Maybe he jumped into the void and next series will see him trying to contact the gang, then them trying to get him out.

Comment

Curb Your Enthusiasm is back with a glorious episode.. We cried laughing, cringed and gasped. Next level comedy.

Comment

Yeah, it was great to see it back. It lacked only a 'pretty, pretty, pretty' good and a staring face-off. Jeff mistaken for Harvey Weinstein was a great running joke.

Comment

Didn't have time for anything major, so looked if Rick and Morty S4 was on Netflix.
                              It's not, so ended up watching a couple of older episodes - Get Schwifty and the car battery universe one.

It's such an odd show because there are some really inventive sci-fi ideas in most episodes, some ridiculously deep storylines, yet it's wrapped in this veneer of a belching, abrasive scientist.

S4 is on C4 catchup, apparently.

Comment

TENABLE. I think it's a decent show.

It's just it's ruined by Warwick Davis. He's an amiable little bloke but his comic timing is akin to finding ya got scabies on ya ballbag when receiving a positive HIV test.

(I'll just post it, why not)

Comment

Working...
                                X