Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started part 3 of Money Heist on Netflix. After the awesome ending of part 2, I was wondering how they could top it, but they have really ramped it up. Very cool.

Comment

I finally finished Longmire. Great finale except the

romance between Walt & Vic was a step too far IMHO & just seemed wrong from a character perspective

Really enjoyed the series - if you like Westerns give it a go.

Oh and made it through The Boys. This was hilarious, sinister and melancholy. Cannot wait for series 2.
      Last edited by Finsbury Girl; 15-05-2020, 00:41.

Comment

Supergirl: Season 04
        I jumped through big chunks of this, only really getting into it to a degree in the latter third of the run. It's a show that's circling the drain pretty hard and god knows why they're doing a Superman series as they can't get the mileage from this. The latter part was only interesting because they had Lex Luther appear with John Cryer playing the role and he did a good job of delivering a Lex who used the mechanic suit and had a suitably big plan to try and obsessively take down the superheroes. They need to sort an endgame up though.

Comment

Problem I find with Supergirl, is that I can’t decide whether or not she’s a wad. She’s good looking, but often unattractive. I just can’t work it out, and having to watch dozens of episodes to fall down on one side of the fence is tedious.

Comment

Season 2 of Dead To Me.

This show is pretty great. Applegate steals the show imo, her dialog and dirty mouth make me laugh. Girlfriend likes it too.

Comment

"Craigslist Hunter" on YouTube. He owns a pawn shop in New York and his vids pop that bubblewrappy poppin' feel of PAWN STARS and DICKINSON'S REAL DEAL but realer.

Love how he has his cat and parrot in the shop. Can't watch fantasy stuff anymore, I've gone right off it, I like watching the haggling on here instead.

Comment

His wife is fit, too. She reminds me of my 2017 Scottish granny, she brings back some good memories...

Comment

Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans
                  A bit like a TV follow up to last years movie based on the credits stinger of the old versions of the characters meeting the new ones. It features lots of nods to alt versions and even in a way Endgame. Definitely more like an extended episode though as overall the film was better. Solid though.

Comment

Just finished The Last Dance tonight which I enjoyed immensely. Jordan is a bit of an arsehole but it was absolutely engrossing TV. There were a few things I would’ve liked more closure on, but all in all it was a great documentary.

Comment

Workin Moms: Season 04
                      Shorter season, presumably either due to cast availability or because the ideas well is beginning to run dry. Not the strongest run, very much more of the same.

Comment

The Last Dance.
                        Best 500mins I've sat through, keeps you hooked, great insights to the players surrounding MJ, he was was a single minded winner and let everyone know it.

It shows how much they needed him, never won anything without him on the team. Just wonder why now, it's been over 20 years.

Comment

Always had a bit of a chip on my shoulder about Jordan, given he was so much more popular than the game itself, particularly in this country, but I did still enjoy The Last Dance a lot too. Helped by the fact I could never get bored of watching Pippen dunk over Ewing, and then telling Spike Lee to sit down

Also watched 'Normal People' recently, which basically hinges on two stunning central performances and is one of the best dramas I've seen in a very long time. Numerous heartbreaking moments, lots of tearing up.

Comment

The days have been melding into one and the kids are proving a handful so at the end of the day we're not really in the mood for anything too taxing.

Prime Video have all seasons of Hell's Kitchen USA which we're working through.

The wife got very excited earlier when she saw that both the US & Australian versions of Beauty & The Geek are on there now too.

Comment

Bloodlines on Netflix. A Scandinavian ghost story/horror mini series. Eight half hour episodes: nothing amazing, a few twists, but good solid, occasionally gory stories. Enjoyable.

Comment

Titans: Season 02
                                A step down from the first season but not as bad as online response had it. Very much a season about bending the format away from being on the run to being the traditional Titans set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X