Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were delighted to find we'd somehow not noticed there was a new(ish) season of Resident Alien, great show, Alan Tudyk is brilliant in it.

Comment

Ended up quite liking Baby Reindeer, largely from the point where it starts to pull the curtain back a bit and it lets you make a bit more sense of its lead. Worth noting for anyone sticking it on expecting a casual watch though, that this is also the point at which it ratchets up in intensity quite dramatically.

Also pleasantly surprised by Fallout! The games have never appealed to me, but I feel like this does a pretty good job spinning its yarn while balancing between serious and irreverent. Feel like they got the casting very right, too.

Also now a few episodes into Ripley. I'm coming to this having never read the book or even having watched the prior film adaptation. On one hand it's a vehicle for Andrew Scott to deep dive into a very layered lead character, but by far the most remarkable thing is that it plays in black and white and the photography is so artistically considered that it's actually quite distracting. Not sure if I'm actually enjoying this just yet, but it's certainly very striking.​

Comment

We started watching Slow Horses (Apple tv) over the weekend. Set around a group of intelligence agents who've screwed the pooch in some way or another and found themselves in the team equivalent of the naughty step. Way more than the 'team-of-misfits' set up might suggest ... the writing is top notch and Gary Oldman is gold in every single scene.

Comment

Finished Only Murders in the Building (Disney+) and I thought it was a bit rubbish, with a massive mystery they spend most of the series deducing is bloody obvious.
          They faff around being annoying and narcissistic.

Also finished Fallout, which was really good and as a fan of the series made me want to play it again.
          I think I'm one of the few who didn't love it, though. Felt Goggins' The Ghoul was a horrible character and I dunno, seemed really dark and gory in places for the sake of it.
          It IS good though and a great videogame adaptation.

Watching a bit of Dr. Who (McCoy era) at lunch, I'm up to Remembrance of the Daleks, which was a real standout and is still decent today.

Comment

Working...
          X