Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Telemarketers. It's a three part HBO documentary series, initially using footage shot in the 2000s of a shady telemarketing boiler room by the director (who was employed there at the time), before following its protagonists on a quest in the present day to take the culprits behind the scam to task.

A mix of footage shot in the late 2000s, mid 2010s and early 2020s gives it a slightly patchwork feel in the terms of the narrative, but I really enjoyed this. Tracing the scam and its perpetrators is intriguing, but fades into a backdrop against the interplay between the two protagonists - one of whom has a real redemption arc.

A good watch if you like slightly unusual docuseries.

Comment

Superman & Lois: Season 03
      It felt like a shame when it was announced the show would end with a shortened fourth run but after this one I'm fine with it. It's losing momentum incredibly quickly and just three runs in there's a huge amount of wheel spinning and regurgitating old ideas. From the first season there were a number of directions they could have gone in and they've opted for largely repeating the same arc again and again around Clark's least likeable son whilst side characters just fumble through old soap storyline tropes. The fourth run has had budget cuts too which will see most of the supporting case dropped, again, likely no bad thing.

Doctor Who: Series 09
      Finally got through this one with the kids, the last run of eps including Heaven Sent etc held them well enough but lots of this series struggled to hold their attention. I imagine series 10 will be like pulling teeth as it's very Missy orientated and they're done with her too but one more and it all changes up again.
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; Yesterday, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
      X