Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds interesting! It's ace when soaps get a bit stale and decide to try something weird.

You're right about the Brookie specials, they were lame, especially the second one. The guy who played Barry Grant's nemesis ('Callum', was it) was great. Sadly, he died a bit back, iirc.

He also played the camp dude in EXTRAS, a *completely* different character yet he was completely believable as both. Great actor, RIP dude (if you're dead, that is).

Comment

Right. Who else has watched The Stranger? It's garbage right? Everyone is recommending it on FB. They have somehow stuffed this entire suburb with interconnected reprobates who think nothing of murdering people. The plot is like they used a random plot generator and doesn't make any more sense as it progresses. It uses the "last person you'd expect because he only got ten seconds screen time until the last episode" plot twist which wound me up no end.

Comment

I felt the same about The Stranger, Charles. Peeps at work kept going on about it so I watched a couple of eps. And that was enough. I said to a mate it felt like it was produced by feeding algorithms into a machine.

Comment

Ok thank goodness for that.

One of them is a girl I went on a date with, but it fizzled out. Pretty much confirms that was a lucky escape

Comment

Fired up Disney+ last night and it delivered on its quality family viewing: Firstly The World According To Jeff Goldblum, which feels like it stars Jeff Goldblum playing Jeff Goldblum, but it's very likeable and watchable. And the subjects for each ep are generally good ones. It's a nice, colourful distraction. Then the first ep of The Mandalorian, which felt wholesome and old fashioned in the best ways. It's really well done. And anything that gets the four of us round the tv at prez is a winner.

Comment

I just finished The Mandalorian and really enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular, but all episodes were good. Now working my way through the Stephen King adaptation, The Outsider, a crime/police drama with a supernatural edge. Also very good...

Comment

Watched the second ep of The Mandalorian and it was great. All four of us are really enjoying it. Jon Favreau has made Star wars great again. Roll on ep 3.

I've also been watching Storyville: OJ Made In America on BBC4. Pretty much a 10 hour documentary that I can't help peeking at and getting utterly drawn in. Watched ep 4 of 5 last night which was 100% the trial, and a reminder of how much of a circus it was, compounded by the raw pain of Ron Goldman's father who just wanted a fair trial for his son. The evidence against OJ was just overwhelming but Detective Fuhrman was the worst possible cop on the planet to have been on the scene and found that glove ... no defence team could have hoped for more than a guy him. In the end, the jury weren't deciding on OJ's guilt at all.

Comment

Another great season of Curb with Larry's spite store being the main story driver. Highlights for me were the Jon Hamm ep (he must have had a ball making that) and

Cheryl emerging from a cloud of talc

. Whenever a season ends I hope it won't be the last.

And based on a recommendation I watched the first two eps of Tiger King on Netflix. This is a super trashy documentary series but a welcome distraction it must be said.

Comment

The Expanse: Season 02
                    I enjoyed this second run, there's some great moments in it. Overall I think I slightly preferred the first season but it's a very solid show. It's effects can be a bit over the place though, well done in one scene and a bit Babylon 5 the next.

Comment

Just finished Season three of Ozark. Such a good show, though dark as ****. Kinda predicted the final scene but great anyway.

Just sitting down to ep3 of Westworld season 3, another top notch show. TV really is at cinema level these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        The Expanse: Season 02
                        I enjoyed this second run, there's some great moments in it. Overall I think I slightly preferred the first season but it's a very solid show. It's effects can be a bit over the place though, well done in one scene and a bit Babylon 5 the next.
                        Just finished season 4 and found this to a solid program enjoyed it, looking forward to 5.

Comment

I've heard that if the books are anything to go by then Season 5 should be a real high point

Killing Eve: Season 02

I enjoyed this but it was a bit concerning that the overall arc was by a large a repeat of the first seasons. I think a lot will rest on the upcoming third run as to whether it's going to become over drawn out and repetitive. There needs to be some sort of shake up or and ending set in place based on the second run.

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Season 03
                          The show ends with this third run and for a kids series it really is a solid sequel to the film, it expands on the set up in a decent way and also has the fun novelty of establishing Rapunzel as the most powerful Disney Princess. She'd wipe out Elsa at full power as she goes Dragon Ball at times. Well made little show.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Just finished Season three of Ozark. Such a good show, though dark as ****. Kinda predicted the final scene but great anyway.

Just sitting down to ep3 of Westworld season 3, another top notch show. TV really is at cinema level these days.
                            I’m glad someone has mentioned Ozark. That last season was another cracker, has been a really good show that I always feel doesn’t get the attention it deserves.

I’ve not caught a single episode the new season of Westworld so I need to catch up on it, glad to hear it’s still decent.

Comment

I only just discovered Peep Show ... caught an ep on Dave the other night and it was just the perfect late night tv. All seasons are on Netflix/4OD too so currently binging 2 a night. It's class.

Comment

Peep Show is brilliant [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]. It’s one that I’ve watched over and over. One thing that’s really impressive is that the quality is consistent throughout the many series. I love it.

“Butter the toast, eat the toast, **** the toast....god life’s relentless”

Comment

Working...
                                X