Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my David Fincher film binge I turned to Mindhunter on Netflix. Excellent series set in the 70s featuring the FBI and their profiling of killers. Not a lot of laughs but compulsive stuff. Shame it ended after just 2 seasons.

Now I'm tippy-toeing through S2 of The Boys. A poor first ep took the momentum straight out of a series I was hyped for but it soon finds its stride again.

And I've watched the first few eps of S2 of The Twilight Zone. It's never mind-blowing but it's always worth the watch. I do enjoy it. One ep in the first few had shades of San Junipero (Black Mirror ep) about it.

Comment

Cobra Kai

I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to see it, especially as I've had YouTube Premium for a few years, but I finally started this a few days ago and I've been loving it.

It's soooooooo good. I can't find anything wrong with it. Not one thing. There are so many little touches and call-backs to the films(Daniel's Bananarama pancakes!). I got goosebumps when Daniel was doing his moves, and it's great to see Cobra Kai(and the Daniel-Ali-Johnny love triangle) from Johnny's viewpoint.

I just finished the first season this morning, and I can't wait to start the second. Maybe I should start it now!

Comment

Watched an ep of the new Twilight Zone a coupla nights back. It's that one where the guy's on a date and starts hearing and communicating with a woman's voice in his mind.

Started off really sickly and twee and I was getting ready to call it a day but then the scorpion sting of the storyline kicked in and it was a nice little rush.

I sorta figured what would happen about thirty minutes in and I got it bang on but this was still pretty, pretty enjoyable.

Comment

^^^ new Twilight Zone ain't perfect but it somehow does just enough to make it worth watching ^^^

I've been watching The Third Day this week and it's comfortably (or uncomfortably) the best thing I've seen in a while. It's a lazy point of reference but I love The Wicker Man and this would appeal to anyone who enjoyed that. It's stranger in a strange land folk horror at it's best. Jude Law and Paddy Considine are on their A game too ... esp PC.

Comment

Edit: wrong thread!
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 17-10-2020, 11:11.

Comment

Catch up on the series watched with real progress made since switching 3DS gaming for watching eps on mobile during paternity:

Men Behaving Badly: Season 02
              Immediately better for Tony's arrival swapping out for Enfield, still so-so

Men Behaving Badly: Season 03
              Better again because the roles have all been subtly tweaked into the form I remember them being where Gary and Tony are more frequently the butt of the joke rather than overly revelled in.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretacious Season 01
              Shonky animation at times but a surprisingly decent plot that side-runs with the plot of the fourth film and has decently paced action scenes that feel in line with what the films might feature or have done.

The Simpsons: Season 31
              Last few straggler episodes done for a season that was like pulling teeth to wind up, it's really sagging again.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

An enjoyable tale but a gulf lies between this and Hill House, the prior series being by far the better one.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Seasons 08, 09, 10 and 11
              Easy to crunch through, the first couple of these are ones where a formula really sets in but the latter ones are becoming increasingly outlandish. I imagine some fans have found the seasons worse because of this but I prefer it as it breaks up the bleakness a bit as the cast become increasingly pigeon holed.

Comment

After reading a rec on here I gave Schitt’s Creek a go. Very good so far. Super watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Catch up on the series watched with real progress made since switching 3DS gaming for watching eps on mobile during paternity:

Men Behaving Badly: Season 02
                  Immediately better for Tony's arrival swapping out for Enfield, still so-so

Men Behaving Badly: Season 03
                  Better again because the roles have all been subtly tweaked into the form I remember them being where Gary and Tony are more frequently the butt of the joke rather than overly revelled in.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretacious Season 01
                  Shonky animation at times but a surprisingly decent plot that side-runs with the plot of the fourth film and has decently paced action scenes that feel in line with what the films might feature or have done.

The Simpsons: Season 31
                  Last few straggler episodes done for a season that was like pulling teeth to wind up, it's really sagging again.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

An enjoyable tale but a gulf lies between this and Hill House, the prior series being by far the better one.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Seasons 08, 09, 10 and 11
                  Easy to crunch through, the first couple of these are ones where a formula really sets in but the latter ones are becoming increasingly outlandish. I imagine some fans have found the seasons worse because of this but I prefer it as it breaks up the bleakness a bit as the cast become increasingly pigeon holed.
                  WTF dude. Don't you have a new baby?!!?! Haha. That's more TV than I've watched in 2 years since mine arriving!

Comment

Watched the first episode of The Witcher... Hmm

Comment

Luke Cage Season 2

The long episodes caused us to leave this for a while. It's weird, because every episode is WICKED. Recently we've been trying to wrap up any programmes that are nearly done so we did the last two eps back-to-back yesterday.

What an ending!

Comment

Baby in one arm, bottle in the other and phone by the side and... BAM!

It's Always Sunny in Philadephia: Season 12
                        By far the most outlandish in terms of scenarios etc but it seems to be long running enough that they're throwing in little nods to give some context as to why they're all so awful. It continues to become more interesting to watch the longer the show goes on.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 13
                        This one was pretty much in line with the previous one. I'd heard the lack of Dennis dragged this down and whilst it's definitely better with all the cast involved they worked around it well enough as it wasn't sold as a permanent change anyway. Absolutely and without question the key element though is the Mac Finds his Pride episode, it's a bit iffy in the first half but the finale of that episode with Mac, Frank and Mac's Dad... man, the absolute peak achievement of the show.

Comment

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 14
                          Better with Dennis back in for sure, there's not that much to say about the newest run. Perfectly in line with the others but nothing stand out about it.

Comment

We’ve got back into The Good Place. We were up to season 4 but we forgot a lot of season 3 so we’re watching it again.

It’s wonderful.

Also, Modern Family. We’re on season 7. There isn’t a single episode of this that we haven’t liked.

Comment

The Boys: Season 02
                              Decent second run, not quite as on point as the first one but still good

Comment

On the verge of permanently giving up on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, three seasons and there hasn't been one funny moment. It's a Sandberg comedy vehicle set to the absolute safest, generic comedy setting ever where every character is two dimensional and basically each one joke on auto-repeat per episode. It's been consistently pedestrian and predictable and given I'm far enough into where its popularity had set in I feel it's safe to assume the following seasons are no different.

Comment

Working...
                                X