This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walking Dead: Season 09
    Well, a bit of it. With the exit of Rick and the positive feedback it got I decided to give this another go but it didn't go well. The first thing to hit me after the long break was how cheaply and poor it looks, that was before characters started popping up and I realised just how bloated the cast is with nobodies and ones I really don't care about. The whole thing felt really dull and lacking in threat so I found myself skipping along quickly to Ricks exit which was... wow, just awful. Really poor exit for the character. After that my interest died fast because my suspicion was right that without Rick this becomes too much like the spin-off where everything feels pointless and redundant. Hopefully one day someone will make one of these zombie shows that plays the scenario out but with real narrative drive.

Comment

I tried to start the current season of TWD this week and lasted about 10 minutes. The communities just make it incredibly dull.

Comment

Yep, huge amount of downtime and when something does happen now it tends to be the dumbest set up where everyones intelligence is dialled down to 1/10 in order to justify the scenario. He's probably making $$$ for it these days but Reedus needs to jump ship soon before it takes him down with it.

Comment

I thought the cheapness was on purpose. It’s all gone a bit Swiss Family Robinson. It was rather clean and HD during the Negan seasons.

I like when they’d do these slow, goofy zooms like old horror films.

Without giving anything away, there’s a wickedly funny Negan montage in one of the latest episodes. It’s crazy to think we could have that after his introduction episodes.

Comment

MASTERCHEF: THE PROFESSIONALS final. The right guy won. He was a bit beige and hung back but his food improved mahoosively to the point of exquisiteness. I thought Exose was dead cert, appreciate the unpredictability.

RICHARD OSMAN'S HOUSE OF GAMES. Dumb and clever at the same time and always interesting and often challenging. I love this show. For some reason, it reminds me of that old show that used to have PAPERBOY on it but it's not really much like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              I love this show. For some reason, it reminds me of that old show that used to have PAPERBOY on it but it's not really much like that at all.
              First Class with Debbie Greenwood!

Comment

Finished Preacher.

Here’s my quick rundown of each season:

Season 1: brilliant. Ian Malcolm ‘he did it’ gif
                Season 2: dragged on. Wanted it to just finish
                Season 3: bloody brilliant. Fantastic. Pulled out all the stops
                Season 4: not as good as 3, seemed to go all over the place trying to wrap up, but it redeemed itself in the last few episodes. Final scene was emotional

Lovely stuff

Comment

Kicked off with KNOWING ME, KNOWING YULE. I've seen it about a hundred times and my Alan Partridge bone-on is a shadow of what it was and I barely found it funny but loved its old skool Britcomness and the visit to Tandy always makes my heart flutter. Enjoyed very much and "I can still have sex!!!" still makes me larf. And ramadamadingdong. And the burning, giant cracker with a destroyed £20000 dialysis machine inside it.

Only in 1995.

Then onto Ep 13 of Twin Peaks 2017. I'm sad because I thought this was 21/22 episodes when it's only 18. So sad. Only five to go.

Stinker.

Not complaining about the quality, mind. Better than evah! B** E* is back and evil D. C. kicking arm in an amazing arm-wrestling sequence.

Once again...it rises further and further into the skies...

Lastly, Xmas CELEBRITY CATCHPHRASE. Davina McCall, Jarvis Cocker, Jo Brand. It was decent! I'm actually finding the vague n' random puzzles challenge my brain, at points. I like it! It's barely changed since it came out in the 80s and it still makes for great comfort TV (and this time around you really see some creative gfx on the clues rather than Amiga Deluxe Paint 2).

Comment

Just watched the last episode of War of the Worlds.

Wiggedy wiggedy wank.

Comment

Eps 15 and 16 of new TWIN PEAKS. So sad. Only two more to go and this is the funnest thing I've ever watched on telly.

Ep 15's a real tearjerker. Proper emotional, I welled up twice! Heart-touching, lovely TV.

CANNOT wait for last two eps, I was so desperate to watch 'em all to the end tonite but I held back because I don't want it to end!!!!!!

Comment

Gotta say....the green-hand guy and James...this is the stuff of TV dreams.

Haha, talking about breaking a "Gregory". Absolutely murderous!!!
                        Last edited by JazzFunk; 28-12-2019, 05:47.

Comment

(That was Ep 14, tbh, but I rewatched the last half b4 D uvvaz)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Was grinding through Battlestar Galactica with about 12 eps left and Prime have just taken it off.
                            It was a chore anyway, but I feel a bit robbed.
                            I'll probably watch the Wiki.

Tried watching Black Mirror, but fell asleep.
                            FFS. I was half way through. Was going to finish off after Sneaky Pete

Comment

How are you watching new TP?

Comment

^DVD from HMV, it was £19.99 for the standard and £29.99 for the Blu.

The standard had a better cover, was £10 cheaper, and the picture quality looks so good it could be a Blu (if you slightly squint).

Well worth the £19.99, Charles, it's infinitely rewatchable already.

Comment

Working...
                                X