Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN. Episode 6 down.

Just gets better and madder and crazier and more interesting then keeps on sprinkling on surprising cameos by big stars of the past.

Just seen Nadine nearly 30 years on, wowsers. Like fine, fine wine. Now wondering what's happening with the Sheriff Truman situation.

Wow, didnt realise it would get even better like this!!!!

Comment

The Expanse: Season 01
      It was decent, I've read that later seasons are stronger so I'll continue on but considering the first run was just 10 eps it wasted a lot of time with the on the run group getting into the same situation about three times.

Comment

Tonight, a 3hr combo of CASH TRAPPED, MASTERCHEF: THE PROFESSIONALS and TWIN PEAKS 2017 Ep 7. Finished off with an ep of EGGHEADS whilst I made a smokeable and boiled the kettle.

My dopamine levels seem to be rising again. Viva.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Tonight, a 3hr combo of CASH TRAPPED, MASTERCHEF: THE PROFESSIONALS and TWIN PEAKS 2017 Ep 7. Finished off with an ep of EGGHEADS whilst I made a smokeable and boiled the kettle.

My dopamine levels seem to be rising again. Viva.
          Oh man, strap yourself in for episode 8.

Comment

The new series of Vic and Bob is excellent. @Atticus, they have a boro lad on and he tried to rent them a caravan that was round the back of ICI Wilton

Comment

Hehe, yeah, Vaun ... that caravan was class ... already booked for 6 weeks by David Coverdale

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Hehe, yeah, Vaun ... that caravan was class ... already booked for 6 weeks by David Coverdale
                It's funny cos there are loads of north east references in it, I bet most people watching won't even get it like. Like the old Morpeth footballer who scored against Stockon-on-tees on novelty island

Comment

“Is this the balloon driver?”

“I’m an aeronaut, kid! Lee Scoresby.”

His Dark Materials

What a beautiful, exciting, emotional, downright effing cool TV series.

The cast is perfect and the CGI is impeccable.

Comment

I watched the BBC's adaptation of The War of the Worlds.

The excellent cast do a great job, and the production values were pretty good, but the script is quite dull overall. It starts off really good with episode one, but the second episode feels less exciting, and by the final third episode it becomes too slow and ponderous, so I couldn't wait for it to finish.

There needed to be more drama and depth to keep things really entertaining. Overall, it was OK. 2.5/5
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-12-2019, 15:40.

Comment

Are there no Silicon Valley fans on this forum?

Comment

The Orville: Season 02
                        Hmm. So, the humour gets dialled back which is both good and bad. It's good because the humour sucked hard and what remains of it continues to be awful. On the flip side removing it brings the show even deeper into comparison with Next-Gen and other sci-fi shows which starts to absolutely savage it in terms of quality. It's essentially a parody that turns into a low rent knock off. There are some alright character moments but broadly there's a lot of weak screen time at play here and a real lack of a point to this show already.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          No we like British home micros round these parts! *bash zaki over head with zx81*

Comment

Watched the new Grand Tour special 'Seamen' tonight. Great watch. I'm happy Amazon are still investing in this nonsense ... their brand of daft escapism is always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              I love it but I dunno when season 6 will come out over here so forgot about it. We’ve watched the D2F scene too many times to count.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Oh man, strap yourself in for episode 8.
                                Haha. I watched it earlier.

I watched Episode 9 straight after but couldn't take it in because of the fact Episode 8 was nuttier than a fez made of almonds.

Love how Lynch is in full IDGAF mode here, it's a delight and you really don't know what you're gonna get with each episode (and I mean you REALLY don't know what you gonna get...I mean "Ike the Spike" FFSLOOOOOL...)

Comment

Working...
                                X