Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc 8 of the TWIN PEAKS OG boxset outta the way. One more disc to go. Four more episodes.

I'm deffo gonna be sad when it ends but I have to say it's lost its way massively over the last few discs. Four eps to go and it's *crystal clear* there's gonna be no resolution at all.

Apparently, David Lynch thought Season 2 sucked arse but he was bloody ace playing Gordon Cole in Ep 26, somewhat hypocritically, and seemed to be enjoying it!!!

It's making me REALLY wanna see the new series, now.

Comment

And I think W***** E**** looks a bit too rubbish to be Agent Dale Cooper's nemesis.

He reminds me of this rubbish mate I had who thought he was a medium. We fell out when he tried to 'read' me, got it wrong, and tried to tell me I was wrong.

Say no more.

Comment

Nadine has loooooong exceeded Audrey, btw, in my own little red inner mental bedroom.

God love a quirky redhead with an eyepatch and superhuman strength. Toooooo cuuuuuute.

Comment

I know that wasn't 'woke' but if I wake, my hair will go all white, just like Leland.

I miss Leland. I *want* to wake.

Make my hair go fully white, fire walk with me.

Comment

Hah. Keep going. It's worth it. Also afterwards watch the film Fire Walk With Me. One of the best films ever.

Comment

Yeah, keep it coming JazzFunk! I’m enjoying your Twin Peaks ramblings. It’s such a great show. Sure, it really does dive in season 2 in many ways and yet still there are so many great moments. The last ep of season 2 is incredible. Then watch Fire Walk With Me and track down the recent season 3.

Comment

Anyone else pre-ordered the Twin Peaks: From Z-A box set? You could see it as a publisher exploiting a fanbase but I couldn't resist.

Comment

Lost in Space: Season 01
                  Finally got this one done, 10 episodes but it's a proper slog. The main issue is that if this had been a Netflix film it would have been fine enough as it's well made but as a series there's a massive shortfall in compelling plot, it's drowning in padding. Season 02 will have to be much tighter to fend off a short lifespan.

Comment

Sky kicked me in the nuts good and proper last night.

I've been watching Succession on Box Sets. As soon as you start with the first ep it automatically downloads the next every time you watch one. Last night I finished S2 E7 and there was no sign of ep8 in my recordings planner. I searched Succession and only S1 was available. S2 was gone.

Now, I get that things come and go from box sets ... and had I gone into 'Box Sets' every time I wanted to grab an ep I might have seen that S2 was due to expire ... but with the auto download of eps you ain't privy to that info. Really disappointing.

S2 is available on Amazon Prime though so I may just buy the last 3 eps.

Comment

Same thing happened to me with Curb! On NowTV, rather than Sky proper, but still.

Comment

It's annoying. If you're on board with a show they should honor the concluding eps.

It's like they're incentivising piracy.

Comment

I was on S2 E4 so had to pay £20 to get the rest on Amazon. Tom and Greg in the panic room was worth every penny mind.

Lots of angry people on Twitter. Even if you downloaded the rest of the series it won't let you play them. I was late to the party with Succession but will be sure to record full series of anything HBO in future.

They could at least add some sort of expiry warning. Same thing happened to my sister with Sharp Objects on Now TV.

Comment

I watched the first episode of Madorian (Star Wars TV series) and I really enjoyed it, it had so many nods to the fans and a high production value. The story line is really well told... well, I’m easily pleased, so I really liked it.

I’ve also been watching ‘Wu-Tang, an American Saga’, ‘All-American’ and the final season of ‘Power’. Yes I am a fan of American urban drama...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Season 02 will have to be much tighter to fend off a short lifespan.
                              I watched around 5 episodes then forgot to watch #6. When I realised I'd missed a few, I decided to forget about it. It had too many annoying elements to keep my interest. I might end up giving season 2 a chance, because maybe it will have a darker, more interesting vibe. Hope so.

Comment

Watched the final, cliffhanger ep of OG TWIN PEAKS (truly itching to see the new one now, very clever when he says to the little guy he'll be different in 25 years...). Then watched FIRE WALK WITH ME.

First was great, second not so. I remember seeing FWWM back at the flicks in 1992 and finding it incomprehensible because I'd never watched the TV show at the time. Seeing it a second time...I was hoping it'd be loads better but it just felt like dullish backstory and missing much of the hatstand levity of the original show (and it's missing like half the characters and Donna is different).

Sadly, I didn't enjoy it that much and the story played out pretty much exactly in the same way I had formed it in my mind, so there weren't that many surprises. It's a bit dull, not on par with his other movies, it could've easily been a long ep on telly, all this adds is a few tits and a bit of grisliness and Bobby says "****" a lot at one point but apart from that it's just the same, just not as warm and amusing.

And it's on for aaaaaages.

Comment

Working...
                                X