Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part about this is that the socks are kept in the same drawer as the DVDs

Comment

I'm picturing them arranged neatly between S.O.B. (1981) and Song of the South (1946).

Comment

Lol, no, I've got loads of two foot-high little stacks of games, films and CDs scattered about everywhere. There is no order. And sometimes after work, my socks get lobbed and find their way into crevices betwixt the stacks of discs.

Comment

Relic (2020) - fairly creepy aussie/brit horror about the manifestation of dementia. End sequence was something i'd never seen before was quite impressed overall and the cast is excellent.

Sputnik (2020) - Russian sci-fi set in 1984 about crash cosmonauts brining back an alien. Again not at all bad, typical soviet political tropes we are used to seeing recently.

Mulan (2020) - got about 45 mins in and turned it off highly boring.

Comment

After a steady diet of Fincher and Nolan epics I watched Detour (1945) last night which weighed in at a super lean 69 minutes. It's mainly all told in flashback from a roadside diner, all laced with juicy narration and atmosphere. It's a pretty dark noir with a main character hitchhiking across America from east to west to be with his true love and battling with fate along the way, not to mention a proper rotter of a femme fatal. This was a rare blind-buy to make up the numbers in a Criterion special offer and it turned out to be a really enjoyable watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              After a steady diet of Fincher and Nolan epics I watched Detour (1945) last night which weighed in at a super lean 69 minutes. It's mainly all told in flashback from a roadside diner, all laced with juicy narration and atmosphere. It's a pretty dark noir with a main character hitchhiking across America from east to west to be with his true love and battling with fate along the way, not to mention a proper rotter of a femme fatal. This was a rare blind-buy to make up the numbers in a Criterion special offer and it turned out to be a really enjoyable watch.
              That sounds awesome

Gonna rent that. Thanks for the rec.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Gonna rent that. Thanks for the rec.
                It's not as slick as some of its peers but it's got a lot of edge. Hope it doesn't disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  It's not as slick as some of its peers but it's got a lot of edge. Hope it doesn't disappoint
                  I'll keep expectations set appropriately, as it's a minor obscure noir

Comment

I’ll be trying that, too. I enjoy a good (or even average) film noir. Just to add, it’s available (free) on Amazon Prime.

Comment

Just set Sky box to tape Nic Roeg's PERFORMANCE, never ever seen it and it's the sort of movie it sounds like I'd adore.

Yeah, Talking Pictures. Sod Netflix, with this, Film4 and The Horror Channel, I'm in seventh heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                        I’ll be trying that, too. I enjoy a good (or even average) film noir. Just to add, it’s available (free) on Amazon Prime.
                        Nice, thanks for that.
                        [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] Performance is an interesting one. Haven't seen it for a long time but it's nowhere near Walkabout or Don't Look Now iirc. Worth a watch though for sure.

Comment

I watched Performance back when I did my A levels. Can't say I "enjoyed" it but there's something about it that sticks with you.

A bit like Blow Up.

I watched Saturday Night, Sunday Morning again the other day (again, another A.level throwback) and it's fabulous.

Comment

Love the latter, seen it loads, all them kitchen sink dramas are brill, and I tend to like languid, broody, talky types of film, anyway, the outlook looks good.

Comment

Saturday Night Sunday Morning is such a brilliant film, I only saw it for the first time very recently

Comment

Good film on Film 4 this Thursday night. Bait. Well worth a look.

Good spot on Amazon Prime [MENTION=2946]gordon[/MENTION] ... I really should check on what's on there more often.

Comment

Working...
                                X