This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Glad there's another fan. It's such an amazing film. Nice podcast about it here. Dennis Hopper was supposed to play Christof!

I've not been to Universal Studios Hollywood, actually. I've been to LA, but decided that it was too similar to Florida, so instead focussed on other parks like Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

So, I didn't know that, thanks! I must say it's such a clever shot at the end where the music stops and his doubts are confirmed. I'm being vague because I'm hoping a certain someone finally sees this!

EDIT: Those stolen moments with "Lauren" are so great because in a world of artificiality and manufactured emotions, they seem so real.
    Thanks, I'll listen to that. I think Hopper would have been interesting.

Going briefly OT - many many years since I've been to Universal Hollywood now, but yes I do remember it being a significantly smaller version of Orlando essentially, so you probably made a good call. The Backlot Tour is good though because of course it's built into the actual studios. I've also been to Magic Mountain and Santa Cruz Boardwalk and they were great! Have you seen Us? I was there on the beach and boardwalk when they were filming it, but didn't know what film it was at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Going briefly OT - many many years since I've been to Universal Hollywood now, but yes I do remember it being a significantly smaller version of Orlando essentially, so you probably made a good call. The Backlot Tour is good though because of course it's built into the actual studios.
      I think both parks are worth a visit, it's just that in the time I was there we travelled around and favoured those other parks. No regrets because I thought Six Flags was amazing! Xcelerator at Knott's Berry was Intamin's first launched coaster and lead to for taller and faster rides like Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point and Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure.

The biggest difference is probably the backlot tour which was just a short attraction in Florida but is about an hour long in Hollywood, so I would still like to do it one day.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I've also been to Magic Mountain and Santa Cruz Boardwalk and they were great! Have you seen Us? I was there on the beach and boardwalk when they were filming it, but didn't know what film it was at the time!
      Wow, that's good timing! Did you go in the hall of mirrors? Bad things happen in there, I hear!

I know Santa Cruz was used in the Lost Boys, but was renamed Santa Clara because they didn't want to be associated with the line "highest death count in America" or oiled-up muscly saxophonists.

Comment

I've been meaning to watch Valerian for ages.
        Might see if I can find the 3D BR cheap.

Wanted something light to not get engrossed in, so put on The Truman Show (via Prime) for the first time in years.
        Mistake - it totally enthralled me and spoke to me more than ever.
        There's an amazing soundtrack (mainly by Philip Glass) that is really clever because you don't realise it's affecting your emotions until it cuts to the Director who's giving musical cues.
        I'm pretty emotional these days, but the ending totally got me.

Some losers have dismissed this as a The Mask 2 Carrey gurnathon, but I think he's amazing in this.
        Yes, he's chippy, but I love that no matter what they throw at him, he strives to remain true to himself and they can't control his spirit.
        A wonderful film indeed. Carey's performance is absolutely immense. Peter Weir is undoubtedly one of our finest exports to the world. A unique filmmaker who I wish made more movies.

Comment

Wow, that's good timing! Did you go in the hall of mirrors? Bad things happen in there, I hear!

I know Santa Cruz was used in the Lost Boys, but was renamed Santa Clara because they didn't want to be associated with the line "highest death count in America" or oiled-up muscly saxophonists.
          I did, yeah, I really like rides but to be honest the one where I had to fight my doppelganger to the death was a bit intense for me. I preferred the big dipper.

Comment

I saw Aquaman last weekend.

Complete rubbish.

Comment

In the words of Dr. Rajesh Ramayan "Raj" Koothrappali, Ph.D (The Big Bang Theory): Aquaman sucks.

Comment

Gamera: Attack of Legion - Another corker. Watched this with one of the boys this morning (there's something about these films on a Saturday morning ). It's the second part in a trilogy and it was just as great as the one before it, but also very different too. The big lad really had his work cut out this time with a MASSIVE insect foe AND her swarm of smaller bugs bringing the ruckus. Great fun ... fights and destruction absolutely top notch. Only a matter of time before the third and final one gets watched.
                Last edited by Atticus; 26-09-2020, 14:19.

Comment

I watched Body of Evidence last night, all about Madonna in the nuddy. Also Willem Dafoe. He’s an odd looking man but then Madonna is an odd looking woman so they kind of fit. It’s trying to be Basic Instinct all over again and, actually, it’s not entirely awful. I expected it to be a lot worse but it’s a decent watch and hits the very predictable beats just as it should.

One thing about these movies is that they often feature a scene that just totally grosses me out and pushes my boundaries. For example, this movie has a scene where she pours candle wax on him. That’s fine. No issue there. The problem is that she cools it down by pouring what looks like champagne on him and that’s just horrific. That will go sticky in seconds and feel gross on the skin. I’d be jumping in the shower the second that stuff hit.

Comment

Knives Out

Wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I watched Body of Evidence last night, all about Madonna in the nuddy. Also Willem Dafoe. He’s an odd looking man but then Madonna is an odd looking woman so they kind of fit. It’s trying to be Basic Instinct all over again and, actually, it’s not entirely awful. I expected it to be a lot worse but it’s a decent watch and hits the very predictable beats just as it should.

One thing about these movies is that they often feature a scene that just totally grosses me out and pushes my boundaries. For example, this movie has a scene where she pours candle wax on him. That’s fine. No issue there. The problem is that she cools it down by pouring what looks like champagne on him and that’s just horrific. That will go sticky in seconds and feel gross on the skin. I’d be jumping in the shower the second that stuff hit.
                      Never seen it, never wanted to! The prospect of seeing both of them physical specimens in the nud just makes me wanna run for the hills, especially the vein-system that is Madonna.

And who ever said that dripping wax during sex is actually sexy??? It's slightly painful, awkward and messy, especially when it dries and you've got wax-flakes all over the bedsheets.

It's a myth that shid is sexy. It's more annoying and unnecessary.

Comment

Okay but between that and sticky alcohol spillage, I’d take the wax. But really, any foodstuffs should be kept away from the bedroom. No good can come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Okay but between that and sticky alcohol spillage, I’d take the wax. But really, any foodstuffs should be kept away from the bedroom. No good can come of it.
                          I guess it depends on the size of the sausage...

Comment

I've never been into any of those depraved sexual acts.

I've no idea what would drive people to want anything as disgusting as a Golden Shower, Dirty Sanchez, Cleveland Steamer or a Monkey Juggle Deluxe.

Comment

Wasn't Golden Shower the Sega series with Conan and a dwarf?

Comment

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS is doing the rounds on The Horror Channel at the mo.

Watched it tonite for the first time in like 31yrs. I remember it being an entertaining romp, it's still that and a tad gorier than I remember it being.

Sadly, a lot of my nostalgia for many simpler 80s movies has withered a fair bit and I still liked this but I just feel older, now, and it's pretty childish, innit?

But if you haven't seen it, I 100% recommend you give it a blast, it really is a classic example of mid-80s schlock horror, it's still one of the very best.

Comment

Working...
                                X