This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't be disappointed.

Stallone is great as a bumbling old Rocky, too. Still built like a brick **** house, but with adorable old codger mannerisms. Dolph Lundgren looks wicked, and gets to remix his "I will break you" line from Rocky IV.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      The more QC tries to lambast it, the more awesome he makes it sound and also makes me wanna see it even more!!!!

Couldn't they just cement all the sides of the building so all the windows and doors are covered then get in loads of helicopters carrying huge tanks of water which could be poured in through the roof thereby filling the building entirely with water and thusly drowning Rambo in his wretched tunnel environment?

It *might* cost a lot of money and it *might* take several hours for the cement to fully solidify and form a seal but I heavily doubt a 77yr old mentally ill old man could swim that fast up the innards of an entirely flooded building.

Unless it was a bungalow. Whaddaya think?
      Basically, I believe any plan other than "walk into the heavily-fortified and trap-filled tunnel system until we're all dead" would be a better plan. You sit there thinking "why are they still carrying on with this plan? Fill the tunnels with concrete/grenades/scorpions/sticky jam/anything else?!"

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      I need to watch the Creeds. I loved Rocky Balboa.
      I have a need... a need for CREED!

Comment

Look, I think I need someone else to see it and so they can go "is that it?!" and vindicate my opinion!

Who does the October horror movie marathons on here?
        Are they doing it again?

Comment

I can't remember who does the October horror marathons but I kicked mine off with a cracker tonight: Day Of The Dead. It's a film I love more and more with each viewing. Class film. Started watching the extras too until the family got home. The doc with Joe Pilato is supremely watchable thanks to the sheer amount of content and the fact he's a proper larger-than-life character. Going to comb every last extra in this one I think. Excellent stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            after ive finished watching Amanda Donahoe sink her teeth into dicks on Lair of the White Worm
            I've just watched that after your suggestion and it's really ****, but couldn't stop watching...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I can't remember who does the October horror marathons but I kicked mine off with a cracker tonight: Day Of The Dead. It's a film I love more and more with each viewing. Class film. Started watching the extras too until the family got home. The doc with Joe Pilato is supremely watchable thanks to the sheer amount of content and the fact he's a proper larger-than-life character. Going to comb every last extra in this one I think. Excellent stuff
              I recently picked up the Arrow 2-disc SE DVD and re-watched the film with the commentary by the SFX guys, but need to watch The Many Days of the Dead documentary.

Comment

Batman Returns - Hmmm, not as great as I remember. It has it's moments but it drags ... and I'm not a big fan of Danny De Vito's Penguin. I've always had a soft spot for these but I think it might be time to revisit Nolan's films.

I also watched more extras on the Day of the Dead discs. Really enjoyable stuff. I looked up the Joe Pilato Dusk 'til Dawn trailer on youtube and noticed a RIP message in the comments section ... didn't realise he died this year.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I've just watched that after your suggestion and it's really ****, but couldn't stop watching...
                  hehe I love the naff fx of the dream sequences someone should make a music video and string them together.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Who does the October horror movie marathons on here?
                    Are they doing it again?
                    I guess I'm on auto-include seeing as I tape so much tosh off The Horror Channel and Film4.

Watched one last night. A CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY. William Shatner's in there as a carol-playing radio DJ who kinda links four little stories...but doesn't do much else (he basically sits on his arse all movie, absolute inaction to the max).

Anyway, two of the stories are dull rubbish (school one, Krampus one), one is silly but gory (Santa's elves turn into zombies) and one is actually quite absorbing and the best by far (the stolen Xmas tree/changeling one).

As an anthology, it's arse but it might be worth taping for a laugh for some at Xmas, the Krampus looks quite scary tbh and the Santa bit packs on the gore.

Just a pity nowt happens to Shat.

Comment

Joker

just ****ing dreadful

Comment

Joker. It's immense!

Comment

Oh, now you both have me curious. Someone else settle this.

I watched John Wick again last night. It’s superb.

Comment

Watched Eastern Condors last night. The blu-ray transfer is excellent. Even the mono soundtrack sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Oh, now you both have me curious.
                              Trust me. buster_broon's opinion of Joker will soon join rmoxon's appreciation for the 4th Indiana Jones film in this forum's Hall of Ridicule.

Comment

complete yawnfest

I thought Joaquin was fantastic but just a borefest apart from the last 10 minutes, lets dance on the stairs for 10 minutes, lets dance in the house for 10 minutes, let dance 'fill blank' for 10 minutes

but im not the only one who thinks its pish, its very divided, maybe the luvvies love it and the jack burtons hate it

Comment

Working...
                                X