X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mute. Bloody weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Angel Heart - I love a good detective yarn and I love a good horror and this mashes both up nicely. It's a dark tale with very little relief ... full of foreboding and misdirection. Add in a couple of acting heavyweights (Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro) and you've got a recipe for something quite special. Watching it it's a shame Rourke's career went off the rails so spectacularly ... he's unbelievable in this, maybe his finest hour. I hadn't actually seen the film since I was at school so it was great to revisit ... although, a

dodgy moment / special effect at the end

can't help but kill the overall effect a bit.
      IMHO Rourke at his absolute peak. This is a great movie & Lisa Bonet

Comment

Thought I'd watch "a bit" of Harry Brown, but ended up watching the whole lot.

Such a great film with excellent performances throughout.
        I thought Plan B and Sean Harris were suitably awful people.

Comment

Lady and the Tramp
          The new live action version, after the mild bit of surprise at Aladdin this is a plunge back into weakness. Several changes are made to the film all either making no impact or diminishing the experience. It's way too long too, with around 30 mins added that actually add nothing. The Siamese cats have been replaced for this incarnation and new ones brought in with a new song which is the definition of bland. Like so many others, it's solidly made but a soulless husk remake.

Comment

Superman - There were parts I loved and parts I didn’t so much. Reeve was great though ... and the date with Lois and Superman (with the rooftop terrace and nighttime Metropolis backdrop) was wonderful.

Comment

There can be no flaws!

Though Lex's lacky's would have been better not in it to be honest

Comment

Confession: I find all of the early stuff in Superman dull now. It's likely just because I've seen it too many times but the film doesn't begin for me until Reeve is in it and it takes a long time to get there.

Comment

The 47 minute-long opening titles don't help.

Does the Key Grip have to swoosh on and off again?

Comment

Even when I was kid, I thought superman was really cringe worthy.

Comment

I don't miss the early decades habit of having the credits at the start of the film

Comment

Haha, good call on the endless opening credits ... everyone gets a whoosh

My fave bits were generally in metropolis (but not around Lex). The opening and (especially) final act were a bit forgettable.

Comment

I love to this day , the missile chase sequence is incredible to this day.

Comment

Just finished watching Black Hawk Down (Ultra HD Version), not seen it for about 15 years. What a fantastic 4k transfer, superb HDR, brilliant cast (Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Tom Sizemore, Eric Bana, Sam Shepard, Jason Isaacs, Jeremy Piven, Tom Hardy, Matthew Marsden & Orlando Bloom) - Enjoyed every minute of it, Ridley in his pomp.

Comment

On last night shift I watched The Incredible Melting Man. A film that terrified me as a 6-year old boy, but now if one of those films that's so bad it's good. Rick Baker effects hold up pretty well too

Comment

Little Monsters, worst movie I've seen this year, barely fit for TV let alone the big screen. Barely a laugh little of anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X