This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Wild Things, Unfaithful, something with muscly firefighters in it. It's like some sort of peep show at Dogg towers lately.
    I have been on a sexy movies binge. Might make a thread and rate them or just do it here. So far, it’s clear that the ‘80s and early ‘90s was a great time for hot movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Yeah that documentary was terrible, Lazar came across much better on the Rogan podcast.
      If you are interested in the Lazar story, I recommend the book The Dreamland Chronicles if you haven’t read it, by David Darlington.

It would be great if his story were true but unfortunately there’s no doubt in my mind he’s lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        Yeah that documentary was terrible, Lazar came across much better on the Rogan podcast.
        I enjoyed both TBH. Either Lazer is the best liar in history or he's telling the truth?; Loved Rogan interview with David Fravor too.
        Quite gutted Rogan is selling out to Spotify

Comment

Boss Baby

I watched this knowing almost nothing about the premise - not even having seen any trailers - and it was a delightful surprise.

A lovely film, and so funny

Comment

I am someone who thinks that there may be something in the Lazar story.

He’s been consistent for over 30 years, and seems to have gained very little from it. The information about the hand security pad lends credibility to a part of his story. The authorities did try to erase him from their records. The Element 115 stuff is intriguing. If he was so obviously a fraud, then he would have been proven to be so, but doubt remains. I’ve read the testimony of other people at Nellis, and it’s seems evident that something very odd was going on there in the 70s and 80s. I’ve read the Darlington book, and others, but I’ve never been convinced that he’s a fraud.

UFOlogy is such a minefield. When you fact in psych warfare, disinformation, cultural influences, psychological influences, etc, then nothing in the field is even vaguely straightforward. The whole Doty/Bennewitz stuff is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

He’s been consistent for over 30 years, and seems to have gained very little from it.
              I think his story and Barney and Betty Hill are the only UFO stories, that sand up (maybe to a point Robert Taylor) The rest are total bullcrap

Comment

The Trans-en-Province, Paul Trent and Trinidade Island sightings are pretty solid. Cash/Landrum is bizarre. The Pascagoula, Hopkinsville and Socorro encounters may hold truth.

Comment

There's holes in them lot . The Phoenix Lights is pretty solid mind. One can laugh, but I saw a UFO in 1986, where my gran tried to say it was an helicopter has I run into the house crying (so scared ). Only for the whole street to say it was a UFO

Comment

I don’t think anyone has managed to pick holes in Trans-en-Province, not even the French government Investigation, and the Trent photo has stood up to 70 years of scrutiny. Hynek couldn’t explain Socorro.

My parents, aunt and uncle saw one at relatively close distance in 1978.

There’s thousands of cases that are strong, but not one that’s watertight. There’s an amazing selection of material coming out of South America at the moment.

Comment

I don’t think anyone has managed to pick holes in Trans-en-Province, not even the French government Investigation, and the Trent photo has stood up to 70 years of scrutiny. Hynek couldn’t explain Socorro.

My parents, aunt and uncle saw one at relatively close distance in 1978.

There’s thousands of cases that are strong, but not one that’s watertight. There’s an amazing selection of material coming out of South America at the moment.
                      Some have.

BTW I thought it's now Chilli that's the hot spots for UFO's

Comment

Chile in South America? Yes, and Brazil.

People who have picked holes in those cases are extremely unconvincingly, like that idiot Stueart Campbell. Just because they have faced criticism, it doesn’t make it just. The Hill and Phoenix cases have suffered a far greater wave of doubt and critical analysis. The Taylor case is by far the strongest of the ones you listed. The Ilkley Moor one is a genuinely intriguing too.

Comment

He’s been consistent for over 30 years, and seems to have gained very little from it. The information about the hand security pad lends credibility to a part of his story. The authorities did try to erase him from their records. The Element 115 stuff is intriguing. If he was so obviously a fraud, then he would have been proven to be so, but doubt remains. I’ve read the testimony of other people at Nellis, and it’s seems evident that something very odd was going on there in the 70s and 80s. I’ve read the Darlington book, and others, but I’ve never been convinced that he’s a fraud.

UFOlogy is such a minefield. When you fact in psych warfare, disinformation, cultural influences, psychological influences, etc, then nothing in the field is even vaguely straightforward. The whole Doty/Bennewitz stuff is a nightmare.
                          In the Darlington book, remember Tom Mahmoud? He has a website here where he has written a good theory as to what the truth of Lazar’s story is:

(Why, oh why, is this still a thing?) Damn. Damn, damn, damn! I really don’t want to be writing this as I have way better things to do. I thought I happily left all this crap in my rear view mirror 20 years ago, but apparently not. Recently, I’ve noted an increasing number of visitors

Honestly, I think Lazar is a fabulist. His character seems really poor judging by his dealings in the rest of his life. There was very secret stuff going on at Area 51 that he became aware of in the course of his work as a technician (not a physicist as he claimed), but I think it was very much terrestrial in origin.

I often see it touted that he’s been consistent with his story, but he really hasn’t. It’s changed so many times in so many ways over the years - and consistency is hardly an indicator of truth anyway.

And as for Element 115...he hardly ‘predicted’ it. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of how the periodical table works could predict we’d arrive at it eventually.

Comment

Rashomon, again.

Such a stunning work from a master of his craft. The atmosphere at the start hooks me in straight away, and the layers of interpretation are fascinating to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              In the Darlington book, remember Tom Mahmoud? He has a website here where he has written a good theory as to what the truth of Lazar’s story is:

(Why, oh why, is this still a thing?) Damn. Damn, damn, damn! I really don’t want to be writing this as I have way better things to do. I thought I happily left all this crap in my rear view mirror 20 years ago, but apparently not. Recently, I’ve noted an increasing number of visitors

Honestly, I think Lazar is a fabulist. His character seems really poor judging by his dealings in the rest of his life. There was very secret stuff going on at Area 51 that he became aware of in the course of his work as a technician (not a physicist as he claimed), but I think it was very much terrestrial in origin.

I often see it touted that he’s been consistent with his story, but he really hasn’t. It’s changed so many times in so many ways over the years - and consistency is hardly an indicator of truth anyway.

And as for Element 115...he hardly ‘predicted’ it. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of how the periodical table works could predict we’d arrive at it eventually.
                              I’ll have a read later on, thanks.

I guess Lazar is a polarising figure. I’ve always found his story to be interesting, and his general demeanour to lack the attention-seeking nature of the worst frauds. There’s been a few things and people over the years that lend some some credibility to his account. Wolf, for example (although there’s a potential minefield, ha). Element 115 in reality isn’t the same as he described - I think there’s more to that than surface value suggests.

Comment

I’ll have a read later on, thanks.

I guess Lazar is a polarising figure. I’ve always found his story to be interesting, and his general demeanour to lack the attention-seeking nature of the worst frauds. There’s been a few things and people over the years that lend some some credibility to his account. Wolf, for example (although there’s a potential minefield, ha). Element 115 in reality isn’t the same as he described - I think there’s more to that than surface value suggests.
                                Yeah, he’s a lot less wacky seeming than your average UFO community person, and he also has this ‘I’m a scientist’ vibe (although he really isn’t). I think he gets undue credibility for his demeanour.

I don’t buy the ‘I don’t even want attention about this’ thing he shops around at all either. Sure has done a lot of TV and movies and books and stuff for a guy who doesn’t want attention. I mean he had his own bloody radio show about it at one point

I want to believe - but Lazar is not the one. Would be interested in your thoughts once you’ve read Mahmoud’s stuff above. He wants to believe, too, but he’s level headed about the whole thing IMO. He has a follow up blog on the same site on the same topic that’s worth checking out too.

What or who is Wolf, btw? Not familiar with that.
                                Last edited by wakka; 05-08-2020, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X