Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the first of my Sonny Chiba THE STREET FIGHTER trilogy. Oddly enough, the first one is called THE STREET FIGHTER.

Was it as amazing as Tarantino made out? Maybe not. Was it constantly entertaining and quite funky (in a 70s Japanese way)??? Most definitely. It's very weird and really quite interesting but it's also a bit messy and disjointed.

I think was meant as a Japanese competitor to ENTER THE DRAGON but it turns into something else entirely, the main bod Tsurugi (Sonny C) is actually a bit of a despicable, nasty badass sorta guy who enjoys causing pain. I enjoyed that greatly, this guy ain't trying to be liked.

Story turns into a kidnap plot. Sonny C has an irritating 'manservant' friend (who later dies, thank god). He's SO crap. Anyway, lots of splashy orange blood, it's like London bus paint from an old Carry On when they were in colour.

Some guy has his *entire unit* ripped off. I'm not just talking his **ck. I mean his b**lo*ks as well. His t*st*cl*s. It's pretty intense but also totally camp like Adam West BATMAN.

I will deffo watch the rest. I have to.
    Last edited by JazzFunk; 23-02-2020, 03:29.

Comment

Biggest disappointment is they don't let you hear the dubbed version. Just subs with original language.

It's like those peeps who ONLY play JP Shenmue. This looks brilliant as a DVD but it's made for fedora-wearing online purist cineastes. The reason this film got famous in the first place was the US grindhouse circuit. Dubbed to **** and funny as. This is a brilliant release but give us the dubbed version as well, ffs!!!

(And I PREFER watching everything with subs).

It's hardly David Mamet, there's lots of fighting so you need to watch the upper bit of the screen rather than looking down at the subs and this is a nark. But only a little one.

I just wanted to hear the original American dubs that peeps would've heard in the cinemas back in the 70s.

Yeah.

Comment

I mean, this is *obviously* a film that inspired THE STORY OF RICKY. And this DVD came out later.

THAT includes the ridiculous US dub and it almost makes that DVD like two fandabidozy films in one.

Why not this, you fedora-wearing bellend bastards???!!!!!

Comment

RAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mate, it's like Cypress Hill's 'Throw Your Set in the Air' *NOT* having a B-Side like 'Throw Your Hands in the Air'.

Something equally as amazing...maybe even more so...like it almost cuts off a bit that would've been better than cool.

Comment

Best thing is...got me listening to THIS jazzy Cypress track that nobody ever chats at all aboot. Forgot about this. It's a bangin jazz-rap track and I've glad my subcon reminded me aboot it:

It's brill

Briiiiiilllll

Comment

@LeonRetro, this is the choon that lifted me up in '94/'95ish:

Sad nobody ever mentions LOTUG nowadays. They were truly bombastically brilliant with big, clicky beats.

PS I'm prop wazd nw

Comment

KEEPERS

OF

THE FUNK

Comment

Lastly,:

Comment

FINALLY...for this is the true sound of my inner mind:

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                        I watched Snowpiercer last night. It was a film I dropped after five minutes the first time round, but I returned to it because it was *him* directing
                        I started watching it last night and I think the very same factor might be what gets me to continue too. Really struggled to connect with it at all for the first 45 mins. After that is started showing some glimmers but I didn't have the stamina to make it through the final hour. Will see it through though.

Comment

I watched about 35 minutes of It last night before my wife made me turn it off. Not because it was too scary, no. Because she found it too stressful that the bullies were mean to the kid.

Comment

Mother, another Bong movie. In a word: excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                              Mother, another Bong movie. In a word: excellent.
                              Ooo, hoping to watch Mother this week. Really looking forward to it

I watched the rest of Snowpiercer and I didn't take to it any more. It just wasn't for me.

Comment

Yeah, compared to his other stuff it's just not as good. Enjoy Mother.

Comment

Working...
                                X