Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit to what is probably awful classism (is that the right word?) because I have a couple of cinemas I'll go to which get the right kind of people and then a whole bunch of cinemas I avoid like the plague because of the noisy phone louts who go there.

Speaking of the plague, it will be a long time before I consider going back to a cinema. Seems like sitting in a room static with a whole bunch of people is just being in covid soup.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
      Thanks for the heads up, Chimpy.

No idea why you’re telling me, though. I saw Legally Blonde 2 once and almost choked on my own vomit.
      I got to hear the fascinating tale of how the film came together, without being subjected to the actual film.
      Would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I got to hear the fascinating tale of how the film came together, without being subjected to the actual film.
        Would recommend.
        Arl get yer!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          This is why I don't go to the cinema anymore. It doesn't have the same special feeling it did 20+ years ago.

It just feels like you're sitting in some arsehole's massive living room now.
          Those a-holes are a greater risk to cinema than Netflix.

Comment

I watched HELLRAISER tonite, first time since about 1989.

Was impressed. Such a mad, imaginative film. I hated it the first time, now I think it's quite incredible...if maybe a bit Hammer Horror camp around the edges.

Either way, this is WELL funky.

Comment

Such a bonkers film.

"I'm the partially reanimated corpse of your husband's brother that you had an affair with. Could you bring men back from bars so I can devour them and become whole again?"

"No problem!"

Comment

Conundrum time. The one cinema that is open near me is showing Superman: The Movie tonight and according to the online booking system only 2 seats in the room have been sold, both centre on the very back back (worst) row. Do I chance it?

Watched over the weekend:

The Big Bus
                The 1976 march continues with this parody disaster movie that I remember from seeing it on TV as a kid. The film is about the world's first nuclear powered bus on its maiden trip as a rival business man plans to sabotage the trip with a bomb. There are nuggets of Naked Gunesque humour about the film which are moments that shine out but far too few of them and it's far too slow a paced film as well. Most props go to the bus itself which was a fully road worthy vehicle. Or, rather two of them independently driven apparently with the rear half driven with no view guided by radio. It was scrapped after filming though but was a beast.

The Omen
                It's been a consistent theme with 70's horror's on this run that they've aged too much to have any bite to them and The Omen was no different. The concept is sound but the execution is what's lacking as Peck and his missus increasingly panic about their evil child Damien who... doesn't really do anything. The Nanny who you'd blatantly not hire is worst one and even she's not intimidating.

Comment

We watched Onward at the weekend. I enjoyed lots about it but it felt like it maybe lacked a tiny something. Pixar set their own benchmark ridiculously high.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  I watched HELLRAISER tonite, first time since about 1989.

Was impressed. Such a mad, imaginative film. I hated it the first time, now I think it's quite incredible...if maybe a bit Hammer Horror camp around the edges.

Either way, this is WELL funky.
                  I've grown to love it more over the years. Cracking horror.

Comment

Gonna get that £5.99 bucket of KFC tonite n' watch HELLRAISER 2: HELLBOUND over a few JD n' Blue Pepsis, then I'm treating myself to four Neo Geo beat 'em ups from the Xbox store (just been paid, get mesen a £25 gift card as a treat). Yeah, prob gonna get BURNING FIGHT, MUTATION NATION, ROBO ARMY and maybe SENGOKU 3. Right in the mood for some vintage brawlers!

Anyway, I'm proper looking forward to it, I remember liking H2 back in the day so hope it's even better to me now!!!

Comment

I watched HELLBOUND.

Ugh.

Best thing in it is 'SHINE ON HARVEY MOON'-star Kenneth Cranham, he turns into an amazingly weird tentacled beast towards the end.

Bar some beautifully lurid reds n' blues, this is more Kenneth Crapham than Kenneth Cranham.

Comment

By the way, ended up getting as follows:

YAKUZA KIWAMI - £11.24
                        STATE OF DECAY: YEAR ONE - £4.99
                        MUTATION NATION - £6.39
                        GRAB THE BOTTLE - £1.19
                        DEMETRIOS: THE BIG CYNICAL ADVENTURE - £1.19.

Pretty much caned the whole £25.

Comment

PPS: I've finally got it, the guy who plays Frank when he still has his skin...

...it's the main greenhouse bummer from SCUM. I *knew* I knew his face from somewhere...!

Comment

I watched Unfaithful, old sexy thriller with Richard Gere and it’s good. It’s a very simple film but with good performances and it works. A bit of an oddity in that most of the movie follows one character in the couple while the latter part follows the other, like we have a switch in main character. It’s good though.

Also watched Backdraft, the firefighter classic. That’s a really good film. Hadn’t seen it since back in the day.

Then I watched Wild Things. Utter nonsense.

Comment

Wild Things, Unfaithful, something with muscly firefighters in it. It's like some sort of peep show at Dogg towers lately.

I watched Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers. A badly made documentary by a cringeworthy hipster about a man who made a load of stuff about working on flying saucers at Area 51 up.

Not good I'm afraid. Not good at all.
                              Last edited by wakka; 04-08-2020, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Wild Things, Unfaithful, something with muscly firefighters in it. It's like some sort of peep show at Dogg towers lately.

I watched Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers. A badly made documentary by a cringeworthy hipster about a man who made a load of stuff about working on flying saucers at Area 51 up.

Not good I'm afraid. Not good at all.
                                Yeah that documentary was terrible, Lazar came across much better on the Rogan podcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X