User Tag List

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50140148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,494 of 1494
    Thanks @gordon. This was my first experience of his work, so will seek out more, but I have to be in the right frame of mind because they're bloody depressing.

The other one on the iPlayer is Bitter Lake, but I'd not heard of the others, thank you.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gyz6b

Watched Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood again last night. Loved it in the cinema (my foty last year) and loved it all over again at home (very nice UHD release). It's one of the best buddy movies I've seen ... and every second in the company of Cliff and Rick is a pleasure, such is the dynamic and authenticity of their bromance, summed up perfectly by Cliff's line: a buddy who is more than a brother and a little less than a wife. The whole film just rolls along beautifully, delighting constantly, a treat for the eyes and ears from the opening to the very end. There aren't many 2hr40min films I don't want to end but this I didn't want to be over. Might be my joint fave QT film along with Jackie Brown.
    Last edited by Atticus; Today at 11:41 AM.

There used to be a time I'd clamour to see a Tarantino flick. I saw Pulp Fiction at the cinema twice, probably did for Kill Bill.
    I'm not sure why it took so long to see Basterds and why I've not seen this yet.

My interest in his films has waned over the years, but with this it just feels like he's made his masterpiece. 1969 Hollywood looks amazingly authentic too ... must have been a real labour of love.