X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    spectrum movie quiz?
    Yeah, you had to guess/say which film it was based on.
    Master of the Universe, Rambo III, The Untouchables, Neverending Story, that kind of thing.

It was pretty funny as he talked about how Ocean were approached to make game versions of Mississippi Burning and Rain Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Wathed my old VHS tape of Remo Williams Unarmed And Dangerous. Miss the days when films like this were made. Crap, but so good.
      Love that film!

It's up there with Gymkata for bonkers martial arts action!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Ocean were approached to make game versions of Mississippi Burning and Rain Man!
        there isn't a film in existence they couldn't force into a platform game. I can just imagine a grand wizard boss floating round the screen peppering a super deformed Gene Hackman with mini burning crosses.

Comment

Love that film!
          It's an ace film. I also have the Stuntman awards on the same tape where the team won for their brilliant stunt work on The Statue of Liberty.

Comment

It's an ace film. I also have the Stuntman awards on the same tape where the team won for their brilliant stunt work on The Statue of Liberty.
            Funny you mention that as that bit always reminds me of MD Shadow Dancer!

Comment

Funny you mention that as that bit always reminds me of MD Shadow Dancer!

Yeah, it does .

Comment

Miss the days when films like this were made. Crap, but so good.
                Good point ... that's the feeling I've been getting watching the Nightmare on Elm St films ... even when they're bad they're still really good fun.

Comment

If peeps like REMO, check out MIAMI BLUES, Fred Ward's great in that (and it's a really good, underrated cult movie).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Good point ... that's the feeling I've been getting watching the Nightmare on Elm St films ... even when they're bad they're still really good fun.
                    Oh yeah. Me and brother would watch them and the likes of Video Dead, The Stuff , Troll, Basket Case. Films so bad they were good. Miss the days of the VHS rental shop.

Comment

Cabaret
                      Penultimate film of '72 for us to watch and man, what a miserable film. The slow growing march of the Nazi's is somewhat interesting but it's background stuff to the main story of the lead characters who- I guess -are supposed to be performing free spirits ala Moulin Rouge but really are just awful people doing crappy stuff to each other. Just unlikeable so you've nothing left to hook onto.

Comment

Sewers of Gold - Late 70s bank heist film with Ian McShane and Warren Clarke, the film closely followed a real life event, a french Bank Robbery in Nice, where they dug into a bank via a sewer over two months, and spent all weekend on Bastille Day forcing open deposit boxes. Was a very good, tense film which slowly pulled you in.

Wrong Arm of the Law - Legendary British crime comedy with Peter Sellers (Pearly Gates) and the usual master class from Lionel Jefferies (Nosey Parker). The cops and criminals join forces to capture a gang posing as cops.

Comment

Wow, a film in colour!

Amazon Prime have added a few films I've wanted to see, starting with Dragged Across Concrete, which I've wanted to see since being wowed by Brawl in Cell Block 99 last year.

Brawl has an almost graphic novel feel to it, especially when we reach Block 99, which feels like a fantasy dungeon or something, with cartoon levels of violence. Concrete is more grounded, but has really interesting dialogue with everyone talking in an unusual manner, which elevates it above a standard heist film.

It gets really tense and you're never 100% sure who you should be cheering for, but my stomach was in knots as things start going a little wrong.

It's pretty gory in places though, be warned!

Comment

*throws a black and white telly through qualitychump's living room window*

See how you like those watchings!

Comment

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
                              The sequel very much suffers the same fate as all Disney live action adaptation sequels, being even more unneccessary than the first. A few sharp words at dinner is all it takes for Maleficent to vanish in a strop for most of the movie as we go through the dull, tired motions of loosely repeating the previous film but with much less narrative thrust. Very much skippable.

Comment

Ad Astra, now this is more up my street. If you like seeing lunar modules ad rockets etc doing their thing a la space odyssey you are at home here. Sometimes the scripting of the internal monologue was cringe worthy but enjoyed everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X